Pirate software from KaZaa or Morpheus will drive you crazy!

• I own a CD copy of Axis and Allies and despite some problems always loved to play it. However, My best friend decided to borrow it when the Navy Reserves called him up and told him he was being stationed on Spain. So with my only copy in Spain I went about trying to find it anywhere… Some people may be willing to shell out $59.95 for the game, but I’m not, especially since I already bought it once for $39.95 when it was new. Needless to say I downloaded the pirate software using Kazaa and have known nothing but frustration and heartache since. I use windows XP and I have and extremely fast computer, but the game is slow as molasses! And on top of that every round or two during the purchasing phase when I click to add a unit of anything it will sometimes decide to go into “eternal click mode” where it continues to click and click and click forever. The only way to stop this once its started is to reset the computer and start all over again… cold booting is not good for any harddrive or motherboard… If there are any computer genius’ out there that may have some ideas as how to fix these bugs I would be forever grateful and consider you quite literally a living god for your help.

• '19 Moderator

My CD used to do that before I got the 1.3.3 patch. I dont think you can use that unless you have a cd though.

• Why don’t you just try Ebay? I get a lot of old games there and as long as you are careful what you purchase, should be pretty good. I’ve never had a problem with an EBay game purchase and I’ve never spent more than $15 bucks.

Ozone27

• '19 Moderator

I’ve never seen Axis and Allies go that cheep on EBay.

• i feel you pain i too have the pirate virsion and can’t find a way to fix the problems. but i noticed that the eternal clicking “sometimes” stops after 5 minites and you can continue but not all the time.

• the eternal clciking happens to me to. u jsut have to buy each unit with very slowly . mines usualy stops after a few sec and then i can purchase units

• i’ve had the problem too, but it stoped when i turned off the sound and music, and that solved the problem for me… Try it :smile:

• Talk about putting your money where your mouth is. I find this a great way to promote the A&A cause. And at 17.95 is a very reasonable price. What are the other two games?

• that’s an awesome deal.

there is panzer general II. great game, though not as good as the original.

I miss great naval battles 4 :sad:

Rebuild the WTC larger:
    http://www.rjdbiz.com/rebuildwtc/index.html
    “The only enemy more powerful than an invisible enemy is an invincible enemy”

[ This Message was edited by: HortenFlyingWing on 2002-03-24 08:27 ]

• No way! Panzer General II was the best! PGII:Pacific was pretty okay too if you can get around the fact of snow-covered islands.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m