• With the newest rules, could one do a turn 3 India and UK sack with Germany and Japan?  I haven’t looked at the board in so long since box rules.

• For India, you are way out of position afterwards and the allies will be all over the dutch islands n such, not counting china.  As for Europe, a smart UK player can easily hold a turn 3 sealion.  Turn 4 sealion though, is usually 100% guaranteed for germany.  Here is the thing, Japan needs to declare round 2 to crush india by turn 3, this means that US can set up in gib and fly bombers to london turn 2 if needed.

• Way out of position with Japan??  You just sacked India with extra income to slam back east, it’s only 1 turn away to the money islands.

I’ve done pleanty of Sealions in the boxed version with Germany turn 3, what changed to make turn 3 sealion hard??

Is it good strat to have America take Spain for a 2 turn transport chain?

Can America take Suriname before @ war b/c it’s dutch?

• @Dark_Destroyer:

Way out of position with Japan??  You just sacked India with extra income to slam back east, it’s only 1 turn away to the money islands.

I’ve done pleanty of Sealions in the boxed version with Germany turn 3, what changed to make turn 3 sealion hard??

Is it good strat to have America take Spain for a 2 turn transport chain?

Can America take Suriname before @ war b/c it’s dutch?

1.  Yes, your air and navy cant hurt the allies fleet as they move on phil, carol.  Your income won’t be too high since you wont have all the dutch islands (maybe around 60/65).  Taking india turn 3 also drains your land and air resources fairly well which leaves china in a decent position.

2.  Uk has a good deal more starting land units on it now plus the aa guns have been changed.  If the UK buys strong defense and makes sure he has air in range to be home Uk2, then Germany won’t have nearly enough to turn 3 sealion.  Remember Germany needs to send a plane or 2 to the landing seazone to prevent a scramble unless UK did not repair his airfield if it was bombed the previous turn.  This in combination of the US being able to fly in bombers for fodder on US2, means turn 3 sealion is VERY HARD if UK did not screw up his first 2 rounds.

3.  It is not bad if you are fine with the other true neutrals falling into axis hands because you attacked spain.

4.  Surname is dutch, which means only UK and ANZAC can claim it.  The US can only claim surname if it is at war, and if an axis power has taken it first.

• @ghr2:

3.  It is not bad if you are fine with the other true neutrals falling into axis hands because you attacked spain

Is it a viable tactic people here on the boards use?

• Personally I think that’s very earlier to make an attack on the neutrals, Give’s the axis a big boost moving into Turkey.

• TripleA

Thought switzerland had 2 infantry only.

It is a viable strategy if and only if you have an attack on turkey at the same time. However one big drawback is if you ever lose spain you just gave up gibraltar. Also it does require consistent investment in the atlantic if you want to shuffle units over there.

• TripleA

Yes lots of free units and stuff you got to deal with.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

The Axis are much better suited for a neutral crush: things have to be going very well for USSR or they will get pounded by the extra infantry from Sweden and Turkey. Same for UK in the mideast.

• You guys make valid points.  Here’s the catch 22 on the whole thing though, it takes so damn long for the USA to get troops on to europe, that… by the time there’s a train of TT that takes 3 turns to get there, Germany is finishing up Russia.

Think about it though, USA can effectively be on Europe, turn 4, taking Spain and Brazil.  You have to think about, in the long run, having USA presence is worth the extra troops axis picks up.  But they are just infrantry, it’s not like they get fighters or tanks for taking them.

Right  :?

• I thought you couldn’t blitz through neutrals?

• @Dark_Destroyer:

I thought you couldn’t blitz through neutrals?

I assume he meant after turkey was claimed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m