• I saw someone here post a strategy for Japan to help Germany: Japan conquers neutral Switzerland, puts an IC (factory) on it, then buys 3 infantry for it every turn.

That seemed clever, but I could not find anywhere in the rules that tells you what the production capacity of a neutral country is. I think the poster was assuming that because it costs 3 IPCs to violate neutrality, it must have 3 units of production capacity, which is mixing up two unrelated subjects.

For what it is worth, when you play the CD-ROM game, a factory on a formerly neutral country has only 1 unit of production capacity per round.

Does anyone have any hard documentation that it should be otherwise?

• i thought that if you built a factory on a neutral tarritory you got 1 unit per turn.
    it’s in the 2nd edition rules

• YES! 2nd Edition rules clearly state that an IC built on a captured neutral territory has 1-unit-per-purn production capacity. This rule was not altered for the “3rd-Edition” rules.

The “Japanese IC on Switzerland” is still a very clever “dirty trick”, but 3 INF gives them just a tad too much…

Ozone27

• One quick question…in order to place a factory on a neutral country, do you first have to control it?

• Yes, you need to control it, like any other country. You cannot place an IC there the same turn you have taken the territory.

• You can capture a neutral country by having an aircraft pass over it (must be done in the combat movement phase).
    This is stated in the second edition rules

• I don’t believe so, can you quote it for me?

• Well acyually, I can’t right now because I the board game is at my friends house, but I’m pretty sure it said that if you fly over it, it is considered a combat-movement, thus you pay 3 IPC’s and control the country.

I’m 90% positiv and 15% err….negative (15%? whatta)

• You can take over neutral countries in this game? How does this happen? Can I benefit by doing so?

• Yeah, I’m pretty sure you’re right, Ulven.

• Aye your right, thank you.

Ok, now my strategy is easier. Fly a bomber to Germany, take the Neutral country.

• Yeah, I was pretty sure cause I read most of the rulebook through again before playing (was a while since the last time you see :smile: )

But is it worth it to spend 15 IPCs for the already money-short Japan (well that’s my opinion, but I’m not an expert) and then further more three IPCs on an infantery?

• Screw the 3 IPCs for INF–spend 12 IPCs for some FTRs!!! :grin:

Good ol’ Swiss-built “Zeros” for use by the Fatherland…

Ozone27

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m