• I’ve just bought this game and seeing all these discussions proposing official rule changes make me feel very disappointed. I’ve set up the game on the table and it looks great and I’m very eager to give it a solo test run but….Why can’t WoTC for once properly playtest a game before actually releasing it? global 40 got a complete overhaul, A&A '41 is completely unwinnable for the Allies, Battle of the Bulge, same story. To me the only two A&A games that are very balanced out of the box are revised and Guadalcanal.

• It’s not that bad. This isn’t another Global Alpha 1-45 thing.

Only

Russian collapse

American entry and disposition

And units in the same space are the only things that require changes. And they got addressed by Kreighund.

• @Imperious:

It’s not that bad. This isn’t another Global Alpha 1-45 thing.

Only

Russian collapse

American entry and disposition

And units in the same space are the only things that require changes. And they got addressed by Kreighund.

OK, but still. Especially the last issue seems to me like one that should have been noticed and dealt with during playtesting.

Is there anywhere that I can find the 3 official changes you’re talking about? is that in a FAQ yet?

• Ive played 3 games. 2 allied victories to one CP win.

I think it best to not bother with the optional Russian revolution rule

• I think there were more than a few people for whom the Revolution was a selling point. I am at least one. It being optional does not excuse it being poorly implemented.

• The RR would be best if the CP could choose to DECIDE to accept the Armistice or not while Russia fulfills the requirement, so that Russia can’t engineer itself into one.

• I completely agree with you. And that’s what I think if its a disadvantage to the CP if they lose a victory city.

• I cannot see why the RR is not considered a victory for the CPs.
    Would losing potential  Russian income and Moscow as a VP, because of the RR also mean the CPs lose the game as the Western Front will have been neglected in the push east?
    Any German units sent that way have to march at a snail’s pace to return West to take Paris and Rome and will probably not be of much use by then anyway.

I thought the RR was meant to help the CPs, but cannot see how it can.
    Perhaps when RR happens, all CP units in the East should be allowed to transfer West in one move (in a one off railroad movement).
    Otherwise I do not think I would ever agree to play with a RR and that saddens me, as you know I love history and trying to emulate the RR brings WW1 nearer to historical accuracy.

• @wittmann:

I cannot see why the RR is not considered a victory for the CPs.
    Would losing potential  Russian income and Moscow as a VP, because of the RR also mean the CPs lose the game as the Western Front will have been neglected in the push east?
    Any German units sent that way have to march at a snail’s pace to return West to take Paris and Rome and will probably not be of much use by then anyway.

Perhaps when RR happens, all CP units in the East should be allowed to transfer West in one move (in a one off railroad movement).
    Otherwise I do not think I would ever agree to play with a RR and that saddens me, as you know I love history and trying to emulate the RR brings WW1 nearer to historical accuracy.

Agreed.  I won’t play with Revolution Rules either.

• Even if the CP still got the VC after RR, they still would be getting denied 12 or more IPCs that they just spent a good portion of their economy on trying to capture.

I had one idea, make RR a turn, say 4 or 5 or 6.
    So Germany can try to get some tts and maybe even take their capital before it happens, OR, Germany can focus on the Western front and play defensively holding Russia off until RR occurs.

Think that would be better than the current mess

• Or the Russians have to lose, say x number of units or Moscow surrounded (to limit the 60+ Inf stacks in Moscow) for it to go revolution.  AND it count for victory.

• @wittmann:

I proposed this back before the game even came out, and looking at the game now, I think it would be helpful, but it wouldn’t fix the revolution.

• @wittmann:

I cannot see why the RR is not considered a victory for the CPs.

I wholeheartedly agree to all this!

This is probably how I’ll play it: rail move to Western front and 1 capital conquered requirement satisfied.

• Customizer

RR needs replacing with Russian Civil War.

More complicated to explain, much simpler to implement in practice.

• We played a game again today and my friend who played as the allies even said it was stupid that RR would not count as a victory city and told me he didn’t want to play with the RR rules because he thought they where not fair.

• @Imperious:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=30573.0

It might be me, but I’m reading a lot of talk about the “spaces” issue and some about the RR, but what about the US transports? I’m assuming the rule change will be that the US cannot buy transports until they are at war or that they cannot put them in sea zones that do not border home territories, but where can I find that? Can anyone give me the exact rule changes? I’d appreciate that very much. And what exactly has changed about the RR rule?

• Morning Koningstiger.
    You should find the answers on page 14 of the FAQ.
    I am not sure if the RR rules have been agreed upon as yet.

• Customizer

US can buy transports, and as far as I can tell can move them anywhere, but they cannot load them with units until they are at war.

Personally I don’t think any US ships should be allowed to move over the pond before then, it just creates unwanted confusion.

• I didn’t find the need to move the US transports before turn 4- you probably want 5-6 US transports landing in Rome or Belgium in the nick of time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m