• I just got 1914 today. Can’t wait to play. I may even go to bed late to try to squeeze at least a turn or two in.

I’m also considering doing a battle report on the game Round by Round, like Flashman’s, if you guys are interested in it.

• Can’t get enough of the game. (Well, until I’ve got it anyway.) By all means, give us a report.

• Finished one round. Will probably have battle report for it up tomorrow. Need to finish a college paper first. ~_^

• A unit defending at 3 for 3 IPC is ALWAYS better at defending than a unit defending at 4 for 4 IPC.

• @rith:

A unit defending at 3 for 3 IPC is ALWAYS better at defending than a unit defending at 4 for 4 IPC.

Wrong thread.

• **Round 1

Austria-Hungary**
    The Trieste forces invade Serbia; easily overwhelming their forces. The Budapest forces aren’t so when heading into Romania; the Romanians barely hold on but enough so. Venice is attacked, and both sides take moderate causalities. The Bohemian forces forces reinforce Galicia, and Vienna splits reinforcements to Tyrolia and Budapest. A figther, along with infrantry and artillery,are placed in Vienna.

Imperial Russia
    Russia immediately makes a strike against the Austrians in Romania, obliterating the forces with minimal causalities. They also invade Mesopotamia, leaving only one Turk to hold the line. Instead of attacking the Germans or Austrians elsewhere, the Russians stack in Ukraine and Poland. Two fighters and infranty are placed in Moscow.

Imperial Germany
    The German fleet meets the English, avoiding all the mines, with the German navy surviving completely intact. Only the battleship was wounded. Two subs also approached the Canadian fleet, taking it out with a sub causality. German forces invade Poland, Holland, Belgium, and Lorraine. Caught off guard, Holland and Belgium fall easily. Even with the help of the fighter, Poland forces on both sides sustain large causalities. However, Lorraine was prepared. German forces scored exactly zero hits on the French, while 5/8 of the Germans died. Brutal. Two fighters, infranty and artillery are placed in Berlin.

• How much did you send to Romania?  In my play test Romania was obliterated (no crazy dice rolls, but played using Low Luck) and Russia could not hope to counter it.  Romania had something like 10 Austrian Infantry/3 Artillery.

• @BJCard:

How much did you send to Romania?  In my play test Romania was obliterated (no crazy dice rolls, but played using Low Luck) and Russia could not hope to counter it.  Romania had something like 10 Austrian Infantry/3 Artillery.

I believe I sent 8/2. Not enough to take it. :lol: Russians rolled good on defense too. I played that turn on Saturday night so my memory’s fuzzy.

• **Round 1
    Part 2

France**
    upon the great defense of Lorraine, France decides to push back hard on Germany. Sending in reinforcements to Lorraine and Belgium, the Germans in Lorraine are completely overwhelmed and destroyed due to French air superiority. The Germans in Belgium hold their ground. Portuguese troops are raised by the French, and seeing that the German fleet is too strong for the English Channel fleet, the entire French navy meets off the Portuguese coastline. The two remaining North African French attack Spanish Morocco, and the defending Turks destroy them, with one Turk infantry remaining. The other Frenchmen in Africa follows the running German east into Nigeria. France buys a fighter, infantry and artillery.

British Empire
    Seeing as their fleet is destroyed by the Germans, and France is no position to reinforce them, they decide to focus on India. An infantry and artillery is shipped to Mesopotamia. Annoyingly, the battleship and attacking units miss, and the Turk takes out an artillery. The remaining British attack Persia and its defending Turks, and one Turk remains. Annoying Turks in the East. In the west, however, the Egyptian force overwhelm the Trans-Jordan Turks. They win the battle against the Germans in South Africa, but fall to them in Belgium Congo. The British fleet by the Nile stupidly sit tight. A fighter, infantry, and artillery are based in Bombay.

Ottoman Empire
    The Turks are being attacked from the East and South West. North will be coming soon. A Turk raises the Bulgarian army. The Turk in Spanish Morocco takes Algeria.  The Turks attack Trans-Jordan, and while they do not take it, they outnumber the British greatly. Mesopotamia is attacked as well, and once again do not take it but overwhelm the remaining Russians. The Turkish fleet attacks the sitting Nile River British fleet; crushing it utterly with no causalities on the Turkish side. Reinforcement Turks split toward Jordan and Mesopotamia; with more heading toward Meso. A fighter and infantry are raised in Constantinople.

Italy
    Italy reinforces Venice, and raises the Albanian forces with Libyan forces. Buys a fighter and infantry and artillery.

United States
    Buys two transports and a fighter.

• Customizer

That was a really clever move attacking Spanish Morocco. Would never have thought of that myself.

• If I understand correctly, morroco does not get men when invaded. it is a colony (small symbol) of spain and gets no units. Only large symbols (capitals) get units. Remember those minors allied with a power are not original territories (like portugal). Meaning that if Germany grabs it and uk captures it, it is not liberated, as it is not an original French territory, so Uk gets the territory. The french marker means you use french units at first and it initially joins france. When uk frees them from the oppression of the germans, they ally with uk.

• Customizer

You are correct. Which is a shame since the Turks had allies in the region.

I suppose they thought that giving troops to Congo, Angola & Mozambique would be too much for German y to handle, so its only fair.

• Aaahh, forgot about that. Easy enough fix though.

Thanks for the compliment too, Flashman. Take it in your next game. ;)

• I don’t think attacking with the German navy is the best idea. It is better to buy 1 sub on both turn 1-2 and make the navy defend the home port. That way the UK can’t land units in Holland and Kiel.

My first game I attacked with the Germany fleet and I ended up losing it soon after. Having the mines really intimidates the Allies into not attacking the German fleet.

• @Siris101:

I don’t think attacking with the German navy is the best idea. It is better to buy 1 sub on both turn 1-2 and make the navy defend the home port. That way the UK can’t land units in Holland and Kiel.

My first game I attacked with the Germany fleet and I ended up losing it soon after. Having the mines really intimidates the Allies into not attacking the German fleet.

Interesting idea. I may try something like that next time.

• Customizer

I reached the same conclusion. Just one turn after sinking the UK home fleet they had another in SZ 8 with French help and 4 transports gearing up to shuck 8 units a turn into Picardy.
    Very soon it’ll move into SZ 9 and start the Karelia convoy. The German fleet can do little more than sit and wait to die like the Austrians.

So, keep your subs and experiment with hunting down Allied ships. I haven’t tried this yet, but I feel subs need to be more powerful in interception and first strike to make this a winning strategy (like in WWII the U-Boats came closest to winning the war for Germany). Would encourage Austria to buy some too.

The USW warfare could do with powering up as well.

• Customizer

@JamesAleman:

If I understand correctly, morroco does not get men when invaded. it is a colony (small symbol) of spain and gets no units. Only large symbols (capitals) get units. Remember those minors allied with a power are not original territories (like portugal). Meaning that if Germany grabs it and uk captures it, it is not liberated, as it is not an original French territory, so Uk gets the territory. The french marker means you use french units at first and it initially joins france. When uk frees them from the oppression of the germans, they ally with uk.

Probably the wrong thread for this, but since we’re discussing it, let me see if I can clear up a question I had.

So if Germany captures a colony like Belgian Congo, and Britain defeats their forces there, Britain takes possession, correct? But if Britain moves directly into it (no German occupation), no change of ownership occurs?

• As far as I know, anyone who moves into Belgian Congo takes possession, even Britain.

• I thought the CP had to capture it first.

Wonder what the answer is.
    Krieg, please!

• @wittmann:

I thought the CP had to capture it first.

Wonder what the answer is.
    Krieg, please!

From Krieg:
    ‘If a minor power aligned to your power is captured by a friendly power, the capturing power takes control of the territory.  Only originally controlled territories can be liberated.’

I took that as an answer to the Belgian Congo question.  Maybe I mis-read?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m