Dice roller question… - Need official ruling...

• Here the situation. Playing a noob friend of mine. The game is Global 1940. He invaded an enemy controlled island w/1 Inf. He shore bombarded w/2 cruisers and 2 battleships. Obviously 3 shore bombards too many b/cuz he only had 1 Inf. So, he rolls for his Inf first(which is fine). He rolls his Inf 1 @ 2 on the Forum. His Inf misses. Then he rolls 2 @ 3 and 2 @ 4 for his 2 cruisers and 2 battleships. The first dice roll result for his 2 @ 3’s was a six. I’m trying to explain to him, that since he only had one viable shore bombarder, the battleship would have been the next roll. Since dice are always read left to right in the Forum, the 6 that he rolled for the battleship was a miss. Can someone please comment on this, so we can move forward with the game. He’s insisting he’ll quit if we can’t get an official ruling or if he doesn’t get his way…

• Well, I don’t know who’s official but I’ve played hundreds of games of A&A over many years.

Normally veteran players on the site would count the first 6 as the bombardment and count it a miss.

However, your friend is not a veteran player on the site.  He is pretty confused because he rolled 4 ships when only one can bombard.

I would strongly suggest that you re-roll the bombardment, with one die.  Keep the infantry miss.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m