December 15, 2017, 07:50:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Want a t-shirt? Check out our awesome Axis & Allies .org T-Shirt Store! Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a few simply questions  (Read 2709 times)
TG Moses VI
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2002, 07:48:00 pm »

Well you can prevent hit-and-fade tactics by either country, it's just something you have to deal with.

Also major problem: In the A&A CD rom version of the game, when choosing to retreat, do all of the units retreat to the same country?  I mean if I staged a mixed German attack from EE and Norway to Kerilia and choose to retreat to EE, do the units from Norway go with them?  Is this is correct, I would hit-and-run Kerilia T1 and then retreat my forces back to EE inflicting as many hits as I can.  Is this possible?  
Ozone27
A&A.org Tank

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2002, 08:40:00 pm »

Yes! In any version of A & A, units that retreat must all retreat back to one territory that one or more units in the attack came from. Many Germany players use this rule to "save" some of the units from Finland-Norway by attacking with everything they've got for one round, and then retreating to Eastern Europe. Watch out for the counterrattack, though...

Ozone27
bossk
A&A.org Submarine

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2002, 08:41:00 pm »

Yes, you must retreat all your forces back to one adjacent territory from which any of your attackers came.
TG Moses VI
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2002, 08:57:00 pm »

Ha that's pretty niffty.  On second thought, a Norway T1 might be viable after all.  
Anonymous
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2002, 09:18:00 pm »

I personally like going after Ukraine T1.  Yes, it has an extra panzer...but it's impossible for the Germans to keep if the USSR attacks with what it's capable of.  Finland/Norway should be attacked T2.

My personal strat for T1 USSR/German land attack is this:  Attack Ukraine with all infantry from Kerelia (sorry if the spelling is off, I don't have a board with me) and Caucuses.  Also send all tanks which can reach Ukraine as well as all available planes.  Unless you have some incredibly horrible rolls, you should have Ukraine no problem.  Then move the 3 infantry from Moscow up to Kerelia and 1 to Caucuses (Germany can still use its transport to land units there).  Buying all infantry at the start of the turn and placing them all on Kerelia makes it virtually impossible for Germany to take.  Now Germany has a choice.  It can attack Ukraine back, suffer heavy casualties and lose it on its next turn despite this or Wait a turn to build up a stronger force (in which case the USSR should build mostly tanks and attack EE with its mass of infantry, tanks plus 2 planes next turn).
TG Moses VI
A&A.org Heavy Bomber

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2002, 09:30:00 pm »

Basically my T1 for Russia is the same as yours mind a few exceptions.  First I don't place any inf. in the Caucasus.  Why?  Because Germany probably has better things to do with it's inf like support N. Africa.  Plus if Germany decides to I can just counterattack next turn, stripping German of 3-6 IPCs.  

Second, I don't use my planes on the attack on Ukraine.  The inf. and ARM should be enough.  Instead I use the Yaks to wipe out Germany's trans and sub in the Baltic Sea and save my Russian sub and trans to help absorb hits when the Luftwaffe strikes against the British fleet.    
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

2017 Support Drive

Read about this support drive.
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Historical Board Gaming