• Customizer

So I know we’ve all been beating up on this game, even though we know we’ll love it… :roll:

But there’s something that still bothering me:
    How is there no Research in this game (as far as we know) when this war saw some of the most dramatic changes in military technology of any war in history?

I mean, at the beginning of the war you have guys standing in lines shooting at each other, cavalry, no helmets, etc. By the end of the war, you have tanks, gas, air-to-air as well as air-to-ground warfare, and guys in helmets taking cover to avoid incoming fire.

I’m not saying all these things should be represented in this game (I’m personally against representing something as localized as gas), but I think there should at least be some form of research. I don’t think things like tanks should be activated at a certain turn, I think they should be researched as they were in history.

• Customizer

IL insists there will be a 2nd edition with all this stuff in. I’m no so certain.

• I predict the 2nd edition will have dedicated sculpts, and more unit types

Not sure about rules changes because Larry usually take what we groan about and adds it in the next issue.

• @Imperious:

I predict the 2nd edition will have dedicated sculpts, and more unit types

Not sure about rules changes because Larry usually take what we groan about and adds it in the next issue.

I honestly think that is game will find much less commercial success than a WWII based game.  There are no cool aircraft carriers or bombers.  There is no ‘tech’ to roll for.  The US plays a limited role.  Even when I discuss 1914 with the few people I can play face to face, most of them just aren’t interested.  They all would rather play spring 1942 or 1940.

I am currently struggling with deciding whether or not I need the 2nd editions of 1940, 1942, and if I even want to buy 1941.  There have been way too many ‘editions’ to pop out since 2010.

• 1942 second edition was definitly a upgrade compared to the first…better map for sure new peices introduced & the  cool new chips.think that one is worth the money

• Yea, but the 100 year anniversary of WWI is coming up soon, so the whole time frame will be getting some media attention.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m