• If an Axis pwr holds the N.Africa territory & the Allies hold Gibralter on opposite sides of the straight, is access blocked to & from the Med. for both?

• NO in either direction.

Only ships can block other ships with exceptions.

• Actually on page 9 of the Europe 2nd edition rules it says the only one you need to control is Gibraltar the north african territory (which I think it Morocco) doesn’t matter at all.

• '12

@Imperious:

NO in either direction.

Only ships can block other ships with exceptions.

And this is exactly the exception.  And it should also be pointed out that Gibraltar is an exception to an exception: if Gibraltar is in hostile hands, you can still pass your Submarines by it.

• TripleA '12

I wish Subs could still pass through the Denmark Straits too. If you’re gonna have a rule for one, have it for the other.

• '12

Yes, I would have thought it would be just as easy or even easier to sneak a Sub through the Kattegat, but maybe not.  There isn’t much space around Zeeland and perhaps the waters are more shallow than they are around Gibraltar.

• @stroutqb22:

Actually on page 9 of the Europe 2nd edition rules it says the only one you need to control is Gibraltar the north african territory (which I think it Morocco) doesn’t matter at all.

So if Britts control Gibraltar, Axis power can’t move ships thru the straight & if Axis powers control Gibraltar, Allies can’t move thru––it that right?

• '12

@rmcbride:

@stroutqb22:

Actually on page 9 of the Europe 2nd edition rules it says the only one you need to control is Gibraltar the north african territory (which I think it Morocco) doesn’t matter at all.

So if Britts control Gibraltar, Axis power can’t move ships thru the straight & if Axis powers control Gibraltar, Allies can’t move thru––it that right?

Yes, except Subs can always pass by Gibraltar.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m