Hey, this is probably crazy, but…

• Customizer

Has anyone ever thought of combining both the board game and the miniatures game into a gargantuan, Total War-like strategy game?

I know it’s probably not even close to doable, but what if you played the game on the world map, then instead of resolving each battle with dice, you took it to another table with miniatures (representing the size of the force on the world map), and played a miniatures game to decide who wins the battle?

Let me go ahead and say that I know this type of game would take weeks (months?) to finish, and I’m almost completely ignorant of how well the miniatures game would mesh with the inputs and outputs of the world map game, but I can dream, can’t I?  :lol:

• Your right, thats crazy. No one could ever have the time for that but I have thought of doing the same thing before, but it will never happen.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Awesome idea, I’m sure any wife would agree, hehe. There is a YouTube video that shows some guys using the pieces on a giant map, pretty impressive. Breaking down the skirmishes into mini battles is genius, even better with the War at Sea ship miniatures.

• That would be like axis and Allies heaven… Especially is you had like a game of people playing the game, and then like four different “generals” playing the actuall battles…  You would need like a billion dollars to buy all the minis needed to actually play that though. Sweet idea.
    Thanks,

I have exactly that already,
    its played on plywood.
    check out the Global War varient section of this forum,
    look for my stickied post near the top and check out the pics on pgs 6-7-8

using my phone right now or I’d make a direct link

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m