• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Today a Meteor destroyed Russia and it got me thinking.  In 1908 another one landed in the Tunguska area and it was awesome.  That could have happened during the war and changed the course of human history.  So I made up a house rule to bring that into the game and make it more historical and cool.

TUNGUSKA EVENT
    Once per game, the allies can roll a dice and if they get a 1, a comet made of anti-dark matter crashes into the “Timguska” territory and ALL units in that territory are destroyed!

• Hmm.

Let’s add a one-time, low-probability game event to a territory that means next to nothing in terms of game play.

Let’s give the potentially destructive roll to the Allies, who are on the same side as Russia, which is a ‘feel bad’ game mechanic.

And let’s do all of this to make a WWII game ‘more historical’, while referring to a meteor that fell in 1908.

Nothing about this proposal makes sense. I predict that exactly 0 people adopt this as a house rule; not even you will use it.

• '12

@variance:

Today a Meteor destroyed Russia and it got me thinking.  In 1908 another one landed in the Tunguska area and it was awesome.  That could have happened during the war and changed the course of human history.  So I made up a house rule to bring that into the game and make it more historical and cool.

TUNGUSKA EVENT
    Once per game, the allies can roll a dice and if they get a 1, a comet made of anti-dark matter crashes into the “Timguska” territory and ALL units in that territory are destroyed!

Not sure what anti-dark matter (normal matter?) is but a few tablespoons of anti-matter would be enough to wipe out the planet.  Similar to a large dogs tail wagging near the game board I guess.

• The game map error which labels Tunguska as “Timguska” has always annoyed me – but Variance’s post raises the idea of a possible explanation.  The region could have been the target of an incoming asteroid shaped like a giant Tim Hortons doughnut, which exploded in the atmosphere and showered the area with millions of Timbits doughnut-hole treats.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I would prefer an alien ship that crash lands on the roll of box cars.

Every round, at the beginning of the round, roll 2 dice.  IF you manage to get boxcars, then you roll to see where it lands.

something like…

1st dice determines 1-3, Axis Territory,  4-6 Allied Territory
    2nd die determines Country
    3rd die determines Distance from capital
    4th die determines location.

If you manage to secure the crash site on your turn, you get a free tech.

Also, is variance refering to the new 1914 game?  Then 1908 doesn’t seem so far off…

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@CWO:

The game map error which labels Tunguska as “Timguska” has always annoyed me – but Variance’s post raises the idea of a possible explanation.  The region could have been the target of an incoming asteroid shaped like a giant Tim Hortons doughnut, which exploded in the atmosphere and showered the area with millions of Timbits doughnut-hole treats.

One little timbit sized fragment of an antimatter comet could wipe out the entire Japanese army!

Wait…

I thought that stuff was called -Antijapper-?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m