• I have been away for a few and I kind of missed pretty much all the new information about the game. Could you please do a recap of what we already know, for example: turn order, ipc for each faction etc…

Thanks

• Read the Germany, Austria, Russia, and France turns by Larry.  That’s what we know.  They each have their own topic on these forums.

• '16

What we’ve been given so far…

Turn order: Austria-Hungary, Russia, Germany, France, Britain, Ottoman Empire, Italy, and United States.

Starting IPCs-
    Austria: 26
    Russia: 26
    Germany: 35
    France: 24

And yeah, you might want to check those summaries of turns by Larry if you haven’t already.

• It would be great if someone standardized those titles to make them easier to find…

• You could also jump over to Larry’s site. They are pretty easy to find there, and all authored by Larry in the A &A WWI 1914 board (see link below). It is a detailed report of what appears to be a game in progress, and a great read.

1. Report from the Front (Austria)
    2. Imperial Russia
    3. Imperial Germany
    4. France 1914

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=44

• '16

And then I get beaten to it. lol.

@TheVenocWarlord:

It would be great if someone standardized those titles to make them easier to find…

If you haven’t seen any of them already, in the Harrisgamedesign link that WILD BILL provided…

It goes by the turn order that I posted earlier. With “Report from the Front Turn One” being the Austrian turn, so it starts from there.

• I believe this is the only current image of the box, map and units:

wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/Sales/Solicitations/2012_12_19_AA1914_Solicitation_en_US.pdf

From both this and the battle reports Flashman has recreated the map

• @ch0senfktard:

And then I get beaten to it. lol.

@TheVenocWarlord:

It would be great if someone standardized those titles to make them easier to find…

If you haven’t seen any of them already, in the Harrisgamedesign link that WILD BILL provided…

It goes by the turn order that I posted earlier. With “Report from the Front Turn One” being the Austrian turn, so it starts from there.

Oh, I’ve read them already. Thanks though.

• Customizer

Any guesses on piece numbers?

Supposing each nation gets 50 pieces (x 8 = 400), though perhaps this will be tailored to likely usage, for example Germany gets more subs:

Infantry 12
    Artillery 12
    Tanks 4
    Planes 4
    Battleships 4
    Cruisers 4
    Transports 6
    Submarines 6

This might seem like a rather small number of tanks and planes, but I think it should be sufficient.

My hunch is that tanks will be used en masse as a breakthrough tactic in a single area, rather than spread around a player’s armies.

That is:

When you need to break a stalemate in a vital area, build a bunch of 3 or 4 tanks together.

Move them up to the front together to make that breakthrough attack.

Since they are useless in defence, pull them out of the line at the first opportunity and move them around to where your next big attack is planned.

Planes may well be used in the same way, all of which persuades me more than ever that my suggested Swiss Roll/Ostwall strategy is the best plan for a CP victory.

• Flash I bet its tailored to each power. I think most powers will have 3 dreadnoughts not 4
    10 Artillery and not 12

5 fighters and 5 tanks.
    Only germany might have 6 subs, most others might have 4.
    Even likely that Germany has more like 70 pieces, Italy and the US may only have 40

US/Italy: (47/47)
    12 Infantry
    10 Artillery
    4 Tanks
    4 Planes
    3 Dreadnoughts
    4 Cruisers
    6 Transports
    4 Subs

Ottomans/Austro-Hungarians (45/45)
    12 Infantry
    10 Artillery