• I seem to have trouble against Germany and would like some advice for the Allies.

Round one:
    Germany attacks France and Royal Navy. UK build all inf and hit Italian navy.

Round two:
    Germany begins it’s attack on Russia. Luftwaffe strategic bomb London. UK builds fighters to defend.

Round three-four:
    UK manages to kick Italy out of Africa, but Luftwaffe pressure makes Royal Navy operations around Britain untenable. London is still being bombed. Meanwhile the Germans’ relentless attack in Russia takes Leningrad and the Ukraine factory. Russia can either abandon these without a fight or lose their armies there. US supports UK in the Med and with fighters in UK.

Round five-six:
    Germany wins in Russia. UK and US attempts D-day in either Normandy or Italy, but in both cases have trouble to hold their bridgeheads. Germany becomes unstoppable.

Options:

1. Take Norway? Impossible because of Luftwaffe.
    2. Should Russia defend Leningrad and Ukraine, or just fall back? What should Russia build? I’ve tried mostly inf, but a few tanks and a fighter here and there.
    3. Once Italy is on the defensive, how should the Western Allies put pressure on Germany? Any landings on the European mainland seems unable to achieve success since the Germans can counterattack with far more troops.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Other than waiting for better weather, the crux of your issue is your defense in Russia.

What are you building as the Russians? and where are you making your stands?

• I buy inf in Leningrad and Ukraine and tanks/inf in Moscow and Stalingrad which then move to the front. I try to counterattack vulnerable German tanks, but the Germans seldom leave me an opening. I’ve tried making my stand in Leningrad and Ukraine but to no avail, the German could simply throw more men into the battle.
    I’ve also tried buying time, pulling back in the last minute just before the Germans assembled enough troops to win a decisive battle. This seems the better option, since the German advance is still slow while the Russian Army remains intact. But once the Germans lay siege to Moscow and Stalingrad the trouble begins. I find it hard to hold both and if Stalingrad falls the German economy will be so huge that Moscow will eventually fall too.

Also, how can the Western Allies best help Russia, once Sealion is not going to happen and Cairo is safe?

• I usually go with a US landing a bunch of troops somewhere in Normand or S. France followed by UK landing and reinforcing with troops and fighters. This forces the Gerrys to focus on that front as well. But first you have to cripple Italy in the med. A complex in Egypt  plus the UK taking Iraq on T-1 usually works in our games

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m