• well, I just find it so annoying when people block my movements etc. but I still think it’s an important strategy that doesn’t necessarily serve it’s purpose with good results. So what do you guys think about it? Ethically correct? xD haha

• Nothing better than using cheap units to block a huge advancing force.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

We call that trading space for time!

• '12

@AK_Grown:

Nothing better than using cheap units to block a huge advancing force.

I agree.

If the IPC cost of the blockers is less than what you will lose from a lost battle if you didn’t block, then it is probably worth it.

• Remember you can always NCM past a blocking ship if you clear it during the combat phase.  Blockers are not the be-all end-all of naval strategies.

• '16

@Spendo02:

Remember you can always NCM past a blocking ship if you clear it during the combat phase.  Blockers are not the be-all end-all of naval strategies.

Unless your target destination happens to be hostile.

• @Spendo02:

Remember you can always NCM past a blocking ship if you clear it during the combat phase.  Blockers are not the be-all end-all of naval strategies.

Providing the units that cleared the blocking ship weren’t part of the combat movement.

• I thought you couldn’t move units through zones were there had been combat. Give me an example then maybe I’ll get it :P

• For example if the US has a large fleet in SZ 26 and Japan has a blocking Destroyer in SZ 25 but no fleet in SZ 6, the Americans can clear the destroyer with aircraft and then move their fleet to SZ 6 in NCM, as long as they do not attack anything there. I think a lot of people are overusing blockers. They have their place but often you can simply clear the blockers and hit the (now weakened) fleet a turn later.

• They have their place but often you can simply clear the blockers and hit the (now weakened) fleet a turn later.

I agree.  I generally won’t block unless I have another warship in the zone I am blocking for.  It is pretty effective early for japan to put a destroyer in sz 16 while having a couple more in sz 6 to hold an american advance for 1 extra turn.  Always have to be weary of the US being able to take out the sz 6 fleet with aircraft though.

• I agree with Gekkepop.

I love it when I can take a sub or 2 as the USA with my carrier air and clear out 3 blocking destroyers and just move into position anyway.

The shrinking japanese fleet gets smaller at no real cost to me.

That’s 24 ipcs I just killed, maybe losing a plane or sub, maybe not.

That’s like all of Italy’s income right there!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m