• Hello,

I’m just getting into Global and have a few questions.

1. Should I be reading and using the rules that come in the second edition Pacific and Europe boxes, with the recently released FAQs?
      1. How do whatever current Alpha rules relate to the 2e rules?
      1. With 2e, should we be looking at the Alpha rules at all?
      1. Why does Global’s technology rules go back to older editions (buy and roll n d6s at 5 IPCs each) instead one of the more recent rules, such as the one in AA50, or something a little less random?

Thanks!  :-)

• Sponsor

@P-Unit:

Hello,

I’m just getting into Global and have a few questions.

1. Should I be reading and using the rules that come in the second edition Pacific and Europe boxes, with the recently released FAQs?
      1. How do whatever current Alpha rules relate to the 2e rules?
      1. With 2e, should we be looking at the Alpha rules at all?
      1. Why does Global’s technology rules go back to older editions (buy and roll n d6s at 5 IPCs each) instead one of the more recent rules, such as the one in AA50, or something a little less random?

Thanks!   :-)

1. Yes
    2. 2nd Edition rules are a result of all the Alpha modifications.
    3. No
    4. IMO you should use the 50th AE research rules, but use the 2nd Edition development charts.

• @Young:

4. IMO you should use the 50th AE research rules, but use the 2nd Edition development charts.

Is this the De facto standard for technology in Global?

• TripleA

@P-Unit:

@Young:

Is this the De facto standard for technology in Global?

no, the de facto standard is what is in the rulebook.

• Sponsor

It was just my opinion, if your just getting started, play by the book and than see what house rules work for you later.

• What tech rules do most people use, if any, for Global games?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m