• What is the current set up for AAP40 SE?  These aren’t in the SE manual so the link doesn’t cover it.  Below is the final Alpha that we were directed to, but I wonder if it is correct.  Have any additional AAA guns been added to territories for example?  (Since these have changed considerably.)  Are there cards we can print out of the SE setup to use with our original AAP 40 games?

Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 Scenario Alpha

Sept. 2010

I think the following setup is where I’d like to end up. If this is moving a bit too fast for some of you I apologize. I going to list the setups rather than tell you what has changed.
    I recommend you test this setup and give me some feed back. Let me know how you like it. What you don’t like about it.

I call this setup Scenario Alpha.
    All the National Objectives and bonus incomes remain as they are in the present Pacific40 rule book, with the exception of the following two NOs:

Note: The UK will gain 5 IPCs for controlling Kwangtung and Malaya at the same time but only if at war.
    Note: The United States will collect 5 IPCs per round for controlling the Philippines but only if at war.

China
    Szechwan 5 Infantry and one fighter
    Hunan 2 Infantry
    Yunnan 4 Infantry
    Kweichow 2 Infantry
    Shensi 1 Infantry
    Suiyuyan 2 Infantry

ANZAC
    Malaya 1 Infantry
    New South Wales - 1 Infantry, 1 Minor IC, 1 Naval Base.
    New Zealand - 1 Infantry, 1 Fighter, 1 Airbase, 1 Naval Base.
    Queensland - 2 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Fighter, 1 Airbase, 1 Naval Base.
    Sea Zone 62 -1 Destroyer, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 63 – 1 Cruiser

United Kingdom (India)
    Sea Zone 37 - 1 Battleship
    Sea Zone 39 - 1 Destroyer, 1 Cruiser, 1 Transport
    Kwangtung - 2 Infantry, 1 Naval Base
    Burma - 1 Infantry, 1 Fighter
    Malaya - 3 Infantry, 1 Naval Base
    India - 6 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 AA Gun, 1 Fighter, 1 Tac Bomber, 1 Airbase, 1 Naval Base, 1 Major IC

United States
    Western US - 3 Infantry, 1 Mech Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 Tank, 1 Bomber, 1 AA Gun, 1 Airbase, 1 Naval Base, 1 Major IC
    Hawaiian Islands - 2 Infantry, 2 fighters, 1 Airbase, 1 Naval Base.
    Philippines - 2 Infantry, 1 fighter, 1 Airbase, 1 Naval Base.
    Midway - 1 Airbase
    Wake Island - 1 Airbase
    Guam - 1 Airbase
    Sea Zone 26 - 1 Sub, 1 Destroyer
    Sea Zone 10 - Battleship, Cruiser, Transport, Carrier w/Tac & Ftr
    Sea Zone 35 - 1 Destroyer and 1 Transport

Japan
    Japan - 6 Infantry, 2 Artillery, 1 Tank, 2 Fighters, 2 Tac Bombers, 1 Bomber, 1 AA Gun, 1 Airbase, 1 Naval Base, 1 Major IC
    Manchuria - 6 Infantry, 1 Mech Infantry, 1 Artillery, 1 AA Gun, 2 Fighters, 2 Tac Bombers, 1 Bomber
    Palau Island - 1 Infantry
    Kiangsi - 3 Infantry, 1 Artillery
    Formosa - 1 Fighter
    Shantung - 2 Infantry
    Kwangsi - 3 Infantry, 1 Artillery
    Iwo Jima - 1 Infantry
    Jehol - 2 Infantry, 1 Artillery
    Caroline Islands - 1 AA gun, 1 Airbase, 1 Naval Base, 1 Infantry
    Siam - 2 Infantry
    Okinawa - 1 Infantry, 1 Fighter
    Kiangsu - 2 Infantry, 1 Fighter, 1 Tac Bomber.
    Korea - 3 Infantry
    Sea Zone 6 - 1 Sub, 2 Destroyers, 2 Carriers each with 2 Tac & 2 Ftrs., 1 Cruiser, 1 Battleship, 1 Transport
    Sea Zone 19 - 1 Sub, 1 Battleship, 1 Destroyer
    Sea Zone 33 - 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier w/ 1 Tac & 1 Ftrs.
    Sea Zone 20 - 1 Cruiser, 1 Transport

• Official Q&A

Your setup is out of date.  The correct setup can be found here.

• @Krieghund:

Your setup is out of date.  The correct setup can be found here.

No disrespect intended to you personally, Krieghund but, ARG!  To say this is frustrating would be putting it very mildly, jumping through hoops trying to find the intended set up.  Is post 1 in the link the correct set up for AAP40SE with some sort of subtraction of Global set up changes from a guessed version of AAP40SE?  Are there images of the cards that ship with AAP40 SE?  I would like to see those (they are the final product, right?  Or are we in development for a third edition?)  Why isn’t the set up in the manual?

Seems a rather basic thing for someone with both versions (original and SE) to write a guide for updating to the current version.  I would do it for free for the community, but I don’t have AAP40SE for comparison.  Heck, send me shipping labels both ways and I’ll even return AAP40SE with every piece accounted for.

AAP40 is obviously the red-headed step child of the arrangement. .

• @P@nther:

Why don’t you just use the information to be found here on this site.

See for example:

http://www.axisandallies.org/p/whats-new-in-axis-allies-pacific-1940-and-europe-1940-second-editions/

In this article you find even links to the new setup charts.

http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-europe-1940-second-edition/
    http://www.axisandallies.org/resources-downloads/setup-chart-for-axis-allies-pacific-1940-second-edition/

So no reason to “ARG”.
    :-)

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.  Why isn’t this a sticky in this forum section?

It’s not like I don’t look around for stuff like this.

Being deep into a game of global with the wrong setup is definitely reason to go ARG.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m