• My wife wants to play as the Allies and I do not want her to hate the game if I start steamrolling it. ( I think the Axis may have the edge in this game and others have said it too.) Can anyone suggest where I put her bid and how much to give her? Thanks.

• Hello Wittman,
    If you don’t want her to hate this game then I would definitely give her a destroyer in EUS…maybe a couple of infantry in Moscow also. That should help her out a bit.
    I hope she enjoys the game!

• Thanks Captain Walker.  I, too, was thinking DD and 2 Inf, but I wondered if they would be more use in Egypt and the DD going to the English somewhere.
    Should have said she has a wierd obsession with all things Egyptian and whichever side she plays, she gets fixated on the capture or tenure of it. 
    What can I say!

• To add: I would be loath to attack those 2 US DD and of course US could then land 4 ground units in N Africa,aiding the tenure of her obsession and one true love, Egypt. I totally see your reasoning. Two Inf for Russia would also give her more flexibility for her R1 attacks too.

• Yes, most German players would be reluctant to attack the EUS fleet if there were an additional destroyer there.
    As an alternative to the two Russian infantry, you could give her two additional infantry in India. She could supply Egypt from India then.
    I don’t believe that the axis have the edge in this game…but I do feel that Russia is a bit underpowered at the start…that’s why I suggested the additional infantry there.

• I have played twice and it has been one win each.
    I do not want her to think everything is going my way, because that’s how most games start and Japan can quickly become a monster in this one.
    I will offer her the two Inf choices you suggested and just place that 2nd US DD and then send my 2 Subs against Canada instead.
    Thanks again.
    Where are you anyway? Are you in Europe? (Only asking as you seem to be on European time.)

• One of the reasons I like the 2ed of this game is that the US fleet at Pearl is less likely to be eliminated on J1…that helps to keep Japan in check.
    I live in the state of Indiana USA…I just happen to be home from work today.

• I suppose I asked as there are fewer of us here in Europe, or more appropriately England, I just hoped!
    I never bought the 1st as my wife and I got Anniversary as a wedding gift and it seemed so much better. (Italy’s inclusion clinched it too!) I admit, I would never attack Pearl on J1 as the war seems in the West. Let US come to Japan, I say.

• If you want to give yourself a challenge, but still be realistic try this (for rook allies only)

SS for eus, 2 Russian inf, 1 Egypt inf, 1 Indian inf, 2 us inf, 1 additional uk ctr, 1 additional Australia inf.

I don’t think this game is as axis favored as the first one, so this should provid Japan plenty of headaches and slow down Germany enough to allow the us to easily get involved.

• Bloody Hell! Can the Axis win against those additions Mallery?
    I am happy to help her. Should have said she can play; is just a bit mental at times. I am very cautious in comparison. I think after a few hours she plays with less interest, hoping a conclusion is met either way.
    Hope you got your PC.

• I’m actually downloading TripleA file right now….it’s good to have my stuff again…I felt so naked without…still need to get a new laptop though…that fried back in April.

can the axis win?  Against an inexperienced player, I think sure.  But as the skill goes up, the “gift” should be less.  The Aussie troops, UK FTR, and Egypt inf should be the first to go if she beats you.  If you lose agains with that gone, I’d take away that Indian Inf and US inf.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/spkaine/8191324276/  Never forget…

• Am setting it up now and we should get 4 hours play tomorrow morning before my parents bring Maddy back to us. She will probably want it packed away soon after!
    Will give her a DD, not Sub, as I will refrain from attacking US fleet that way, 2 Inf for Russia and one in India and Egypt. That ought to do it.
    Have fun on AAA, eating Japan dry of Twinkies. I have never had one.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m