• TripleA '12

Hi guys, I recently picked up my copy of Pacific 1940 SE and this is the combat unit piece count I recieved in the box:

Japan

Infantry - 40
    Mech Infantry - 9
    Artillery - 12
    Tank - 12
    AA Artillery - 8
    Fighter - 16
    Tac Bomber - 9
    Strat Bomber - 8
    Tansport - 12
    Submarine - 11
    Destroyer - 13
    Cruiser - 8
    Aircraft Carrier - 8
    Battleship - 8

TOTAL - 174

United Kingdom

Infantry - 20
    Mech Infantry - 6
    Artillery - 6
    Tank - 8
    AA Artillery - 8
    Fighter - 8
    Tac Bomber - 6
    Strat Bomber - 6
    Tansport - 6
    Submarine - 6
    Destroyer - 6
    Cruiser - 4
    Aircraft Carrier - 2
    Battleship - 4

TOTAL - 96

United States

Infantry - 20
    Mech Infantry - 9
    Artillery - 6
    Tank - 6
    AA Artillery - 8
    Fighter - 8
    Tac Bomber - 9
    Strat Bomber - 6
    Tansport - 6
    Submarine - 6
    Destroyer - 6
    Cruiser - 4
    Aircraft Carrier - 4
    Battleship - 4

TOTAL -

ANZAC

Infantry - 20
    Mech Infantry - 6
    Artillery - 6
    Tank - 8
    AA Artillery - 8
    Fighter - 8
    Tac Bomber - 6
    Strat Bomber - 6
    Tansport - 6
    Submarine - 6
    Destroyer - 6
    Cruiser - 4
    Aircraft Carrier - 4
    Battleship - 4

TOTAL - 98

China

Infantry - 30

GRAND TOTAL - 500

My thoughts: I think the Japanese should have recieved 12 Submarines, not 11, and 12 Destroyers, not 13. This would still have resulted in a total of 174 pieces for Japan.

I think the United Kingdom should have recieved 4 Aircraft Carriers, not 2. However, this would put the UK’s total piece count at 98 (same as ANZAC, which incidentally did get 4 Aircraft Carriers). And therefore, the grand total of pieces would have then stood at 502, not 500.

I believe something went wrong somewhere… Did anyone esle get 8 Japanese Cruisers, Aircraft Carriers and Battleships? Seems like an awful lot to me. Perhaps 6 of each would have been more appropriate…?

I would be extremely grateful for any comments or feedback from people to help me know where I stand. At the moment I’m thinking of contacting WotC in order to try and obtain those 2 extra UK Aircraft Carriers.

What did the rest of you get?

Many thanks in advance

Loz

• I had similar questions, and I found my answer on this one thread from Variable titled “G40.2 inventory list” under the Global 1940 topic.
    Sorry, can’t post the link yet.
    Just go through the posts, and someone links an inventory for both E40 and P40 second editions.  Hope this helps! I will post on it to see if I can bump it up to the top for you.

• TripleA '12

Thanks, DWoodchuck. Found it.  :-)

• Sorry, I was unable to count my units Loz. I did mean to. It is hard with Maddy around: she just wants to play at landing a Fighter on a Carrier or knocking the pieces over with a die! Otherwise she punches out all the cardboard roundels(and I like keeping them intact).
    Glad you found that thread.

• Customizer

Hey Lozmoid,
    I know this is a little late, but I just came across this thread.
    From what I can see, you got everything correct, with the exception of the Japanese submarines and destroyers. You are right there, they should have had 12 of each. That happens occasionally. One of my 1942 games shorted me a German cruiser but I got an extra German transport.
    The British carriers that you got is the correct amount. That’s what WOTC put in for the UK, just 2 carriers. This was in Europe 1940 2e as well. Why they gave ANZAC 4 carriers while only giving England 2 carriers is beyond me. Just wanted to let you know you did get the correct amount.
    One thing that puzzles me is your count of US mechs and tacs. I got several copies of both Europe 1940 2e and Pacific 1940 2e and found that in Europe 1940 2e, the US always got 9 mechs and tacs but in Pacific 1940 2e, there were only 6 of each. I got that same count in every copy of Pacific 1940 2e so I don’t think it was a simple mistake. Also, I didn’t get all the copies at one time. I got different ones from different places and at different times.
    If you just got a single copy of the game, perhaps you ended up getting a mistake in your US pieces that was a benefit for you. I don’t suppose you remember the part number on the plastic bags of the US pieces. For Europe 1940 2e, the part number on all the bags of combat units was A06270000. For Pacific 1940 2e, the part number was A06260000. The only reason I noticed this was due to finding the discrepancy when I was counting the units in my first games. (I ALWAYS count the pieces in my games. Just a little OCD there I guess.)

• TripleA '12

Hi knp7765, thanks for your reply and no worries about the timing; I’m always grateful for any feedback. I didn’t realise about the US Tac Bombers and Mechs, and I am glad I got 9 of each. I have contemplated contacting WotC for the extra Japanese Sub, but unless it will severely impact the game I think I’ll leave it. Sorry, I didn’t take note of the serial number on the bags - I never even realised there was a serial number. It’s a real shame about the 2 UK Carriers and I guess I can’t hold WotC accountable for that. I always count my game pieces too and always make a full invetory.

• I got Russian destroyers in ANZAC color instead of ANZAC cruisers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m