• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED

Reason given for ban: 3 day ban for telling another user to commit suicide: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=11377806#p11377806

Clearly I didn’t deserve that ! :P

• That is one nutty site! Too clever for me.
    You will bounce back: surely your slapped wrists have no sensation any more.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Gargantua:

YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED

3 day ban for telling another user to commit suicide: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=11377806#p11377806

Ahahahahaha! Ahahaha! That is hilarious… man you crack me up Garg.   :lol:

Obviously he needs to experience a little Siberian camp work to get the picture.

What the hell kind of site is this anyway, seems kinda space-cadet-ish.

The Federal Republic of Globocom Enterprises is a very large, economically powerful nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 103 million are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it’s difficult to tell which.

There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving industries.

The alarmingly racist TV show ‘Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things’ is a hit, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12, and homeless people are periodically found dead upon altars to assorted deities. Crime is pervasive, probably because of the country’s utter lack of prisons. Globocom Enterprises’s national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the C-Bill.

Globocom Enterprises is ranked 88th in The Axis of Evil and 95,717th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department, scoring -3 on the Societal Mobility Rating.

Hahahaha! I want to join your nation!

• 2007 AAR League

@LHoffman:

The Federal Republic of Globocom Enterprises is a very large, economically powerful nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 103 million are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it’s difficult to tell which.

There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Defence. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving industries.

The alarmingly racist TV show ‘Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things’ is a hit, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, the lowest age at which one can marry has been recently lowered to 12, and homeless people are periodically found dead upon altars to assorted deities. Crime is pervasive, probably because of the country’s utter lack of prisons. Globocom Enterprises’s national animal is the Bear, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the C-Bill.

Globocom Enterprises is ranked 88th in The Axis of Evil and 95,717th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department, scoring -3 on the Societal Mobility Rating.

Hahahaha! I want to join your nation!

Only 88th in the Axis of Evil? Surely you can do better.

And how can Globocom be economically powerful when their army is locked in an expensive war and the tax rate is 3%?

• And how can Globocom be economically powerful when their army is locked in an expensive war and the tax rate is 3%

Maybe everyone pays taxes and there are no handouts. If a girl gets pregnant she is not given a 3 bedroom house,  an income and free gym and medicine. Instead she lives with her parents and has to give up smoking and drinking because she has no revenue.

Aside from the fact that subsidized Military spending is basically some of the ONLY spending. (think start-up/investment capital)

The Military is it’s OWN Corporation.

Do you -really- think I would send my military abroad to stamp out “possible” terrorists? pfftp.

1. The only way to win a war properly  is to kill absolutely everything in the place you intend to conquer.  You can let people run away, but enforce the fact that if they are still there when you arrive, that they are going to die.

2. Imagine less of a conventional military, and more of an ultra-modern work force.  Lumberjacks, Miner’s, Hunters, Petroleum workers, etc, armed to the teeth, with Buzzdozers and drilling equipment mixed in with the tanks and helicopters.

When you give permission for total extermination, all the semantics and problems go away.  Anybody who really wanted to surive, has left.

There is also no regard or concern for enviromental regulations, unless dictacted by the home government, or the head of the military corporation, if enviromental regulation will lead to the creation of sustainable/long-term assets.

• 2007 AAR League

@wittmann:

Maybe everyone pays taxes and there are no handouts. If a girl gets pregnant she is not given a 3 bedroom house,  an income and free gym and medicine. Instead she lives with her parents and has to give up smoking and drinking because she has no revenue.

Hyperbolic much?

@Gargantua:

Aside from the fact that subsidized Military spending is basically some of the ONLY spending. (think start-up/investment capital)

Military spending in wartime is vastly different than in peacetime. If you are trying to to perpetrate an expensive war on a 3% tax rate, then your country must be under a crushing amount of debt to finance it and therefore can’t possibly be economically powerful.

Do you -really- think I would send my military abroad to stamp out “possible” terrorists? pfftp.

1. The only way to win a war properly  is to kill absolutely everything in the place you intend to conquer.  You can let people run away, but enforce the fact that if they are still there when you arrive, that they are going to die.

Based on your military and foreign policies, you aren’t sending anybody abroad to stamp out terrorists. You are the terrorists and it’s likely other countries are sending their militaries to stamp you out.

When you give permission for total extermination, all the semantics and problems go away.  Anybody who really wanted to surive, has left.

When you give permission for total extermination, the problems don’t go away. You become the problem. You might be able to get away with it domestically, but other countries with an eye toward their own regional or national interests aren’t going to let you get away with genocide outside your borders.

2. Imagine less of a conventional military, and more of an ultra-modern work force.  Lumberjacks, Miner’s, Hunters, Petroleum workers, etc, armed to the teeth, with Buzzdozers and drilling equipment mixed in with the tanks and helicopters.
    There is also no regard or concern for enviromental regulations, unless dictacted by the home government, or the head of the military corporation, if enviromental regulation will lead to the creation of sustainable/long-term assets.

If your environmental regulations are purely profit driven then there are no regulations and a good portion of your ultra-modern work force will constantly be recovering from tainted meat, pesticide laden foods, choking air pollution, and a poisoned water supply. Your military and work force can’t be very effective if they’re not working or shooting people.

Domestic, economic, environmental, and foreign policies are incredibly complex structures and your extremely simplistic viewpoint regarding them just won’t work in a real country.

• Exterminate, plunder, repeat.

@U-505:

Domestic, economic, environmental, and foreign policies are incredibly complex structures and your extremely simplistic viewpoint regarding them just won’t work in a real country.

I think that was not one of his main concerns 505. If you did not pick up on it, this is all fantasy anyway and, yes, a hyperbolic characterization of conservative America (and Canada?); whose rights and structure of government are all at once looked down upon and envied by the rest of the world.

Garg is simply bringing balance to society… and that cracked up nation-state, build-your-own-government-utopia forum he is a part of. Personally I think you need to lighten up a little bit.

• 2007 AAR League

@LHoffman:

@U-505:

I think that was not one of his main concerns 505. If you did not pick up on it, this is all fantasy anyway and, yes, a hyperbolic characterization of conservative America (and Canada?); whose rights and structure of government are all at once looked down upon and envied by the rest of the world.

Garg is simply bringing balance to society… and that cracked up nation-state, build-your-own-government-utopia forum he is a part of. Personally I think you need to lighten up a little bit.

Thanks, I had no idea that Garg didn’t run a country.

All I did was ask how his country could be considered economically powerful with a 3% tax rate while fighting an expensive war and I got this:

@wittmann:

And how can Globocom be economically powerful when their army is locked in an expensive war and the tax rate is 3%

@Gargantua:

1. The only way to win a war properly  is to kill absolutely everything in the place you intend to conquer.  You can let people run away, but enforce the fact that if they are still there when you arrive, that they are going to die.

2. Imagine less of a conventional military, and more of an ultra-modern work force.  Lumberjacks, Miner’s, Hunters, Petroleum workers, etc, armed to the teeth, with Buzzdozers and drilling equipment mixed in with the tanks and helicopters.

When you give permission for total extermination, all the semantics and problems go away.  Anybody who really wanted to surive, has left.

Seems to me Garg put some measure of thought into his response so it’s less wistful dreaming and more an over the top reflection of his real views. And wittmann clearly has a personal beef with social welfare. But, I’m the one who needs to lighten up. Okay. I’ll lighten up.

While we’re on the subject, maybe YOU should lighten up and let Garg police his own thread if he thinks I’m out of line. Not that I’ll listen to either one of you because you’re both a couple of Globocom’s douchebag corporate toadies and I’m a well-respected revolutionary activist in Globocom’s political underground.

down
    with                                                                                U-505 was here                                                                                                                                                        
    globocom                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Long                          
                                                                                                                                                                              Live
                                                                                                                                                                                  The
                                                                                                                                                                                      Revolution

Look, if Garg wants to fantasize about running a despotic, militaristic, neo-fascist, corporate oligarchy with no human rights where it’s ignorant sickly people are rolled by the rampant criminal element and die on the streets, which are made of dirt, by the way, because his government has no money to build roads, schools and police stations then I can fantasize about how miserably it will fail.

But, if he’s going to put some thought into it, which he did, then he should look past his fake narrow viewpoint and consider the bigger fake picture, such as, how the rest of the fake world would respond to his fake actions and how quite a few of his fake policies aren’t so cut and dried. They can be interrelated and come with fake consequences.

Well, I do apologize that my comments have offended you so. Not sure they merited name-calling, but I understand you must harbor a lot of pent up hate for people like me, so I forgive you.

I am not Garg’s henchman. In fact, I hate him for being a Canadian. (And for the record, I thought you had a legitimate point with your original question.) I am simply trying to get people to see the comedy that is all around us, especially on this forum, where people are too serious far too often. I can, however, step back and realize that he is amplifying his views because he knows people like you cannot stand them and must make a fool of yourself by nitpicking his “fantasy world”, which hits too close to reality for your enlightened worldview.

Again, sorry for getting you so upset over what is so fake.

Ironically… MY issue of the day is

The Issue

The various branches of Globocom Enterprises’s military brought their budget petitions to your attention and, as usual, they are all asking for widespread increases over the rest of the military departments.

The Debate
    1.“Clearly the army requires the greatest increase in funds this year,” says Field Marshal Buy Taffs. “After all, wars were never won by air or sea and in this dangerous world we must be able to protect the interests of Globocom Enterprises. Currently our men get hand-me-down weapons, rations I wouldn’t feed a pig - the army is increasingly looking like a bad career option and we can’t have that. If we’re going to get recruits, we need more funding to support our brave lads in their duty.”

2.“Hah! It’s the Navy who needs the money, mate,” says Grand Admiral Al Gutenberg. “The army and the police forces can protect us domestically, but can they protect us from having our foreign trade cut off? Can they protect us from terrorists and pirates? How are the soldiers going to get to the enemy’s borders? Swim? I think not. Fund us, the Navy, the true protectors of Globocom Enterprises!”

3.“Despite the statements of my colleagues,” says Rebecca Anderson, Marshal of the Air Force. “The Air Force requires more money than these men playing around with boats. We are increasingly seeing terrorists taking to the air, and more ships or guns are not going to stop that. Our people will only be safe when the Air Force has the power it needs to defend us - and for that we need more funding and more government support for industries geared towards the development of new aircraft.”

4.“You’re all thinking too small!” exclaims Doris Goethe, an avid Star Wars fan. “What we need is more research into the possibilities of space weapons! Big laser cannon and satellites with complete annihilation power! And cool spaceships! Boom! Rat-a-tata! Bang! Bang! It’ll be expensive, sure, but think of the power! THE POWER!”

5.“It’s simply not good enough!” wails Elaine McAlpin, the Minister of Defence. “It’s not about the money - it’s the manpower. Not enough people by far are signing up! All we seem to be getting nowadays are drunks and people who volunteered for a dare. The current conscription laws need to be either more strictly enforced or drastically rewritten. What I propose is a universal draft: everyone capable of pulling a trigger should become a part of the Army, Navy or Air Force. Only in this way can we ensure the dominance of Globocom Enterprises in the region.”

6.“The military is a stain on the peace-loving nature of our nation!” cries Maria Singh, while sporting a Rastafarian hat. “People should be allowed to choose what they do for a living! Conscription is wrong and I don’t see why our tax C-Bills should go to such a despicable cause! The money should be going to more important places - like our pockets!”

I have to choose one of those options… any advice?

Also, As I said before, the military is it’s own company.  Imagine throwing an M-16 at everyone who works for Shell-oil.  No government funding is required whatsoever.

And “expensive” is a subjective term.

• '17

@Gargantua:

5. … everyone capable of pulling a trigger should become a part of the Army, Navy or Air Force. Only in this way can we ensure the dominance of Globocom Enterprises in the region."

I would lower the standard to being able to control the inhalation and exhalation of air through a tube.

• Army, of course. Only they have tanks.
    I love tanks.

@Gargantua:

I have to choose one of those options… any advice?

Have to say go with No. 2.

Considering the basis of not only your economy, but your government, on multi-national corporations and free market trade, I think it is obvious that funding the Navy primarily is the best and most practical option, short of building Death Stars.

The Navy is essential to protecting your worldwide holdings and projecting power abroad, especially as trade routes are concerned. The Army cannot effectively land and conduct a war without the Navy. Additionally, if your navy is even the size of the United States you will have more aircraft in your Navy than any other nation has in its air force; so the air force is not quite irrelevant, but not as essential. Besides, within your navy should be a Marine Corps. similar to the United States which has amphibious vehicles, attack helicopters and tanks… effectively everything the army has.

I’m leaning towards mandatory conscription for everyone.

I think it’s the best move for a better society. :P  Instead of Grade 12, you get Private First Class…

No one can attack you, and going to war is also difficult unless the bulk of people are interested.  Justice is handled house to house.

The Switzerland model. ;)

• I wondered about conscription, but wasn’t sure it fit in to your system of government! I think Hoffman has the right idea with Navy. Wasn’t sure you had a coastline.(Suppose you have to presume you do.)
    Tell us if you reach the magic  population number of 500  million. And try not to get banned again!

• '12

In fact, I hate him for being a Canadian.

Garg, do you think the Yanks figured out Obama was really born in Ottawa and that Romney is merely a stalking horse for Globocom Venture Funds, a protectorate of Globocom Enterprises ?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m