• '19 Moderator

As America this is my favorite strategy right now. I say right now because all strats are beatable and therefore change.

Turn 1, buy 1 Bomber and 2 transports 1Armor and save 3IPC
    Fly Fighters and Bomber to Britain (Note if Britain bought an AC then they go there, if not one fighter stops for a turn in eastern Canada.) My fighters will continue on to Karalia on turn 2.
    Use the Transport in the Pacific to block while the Battleship heads for Panama and the Atlantic.
    Load 2 Infantry on transport in the Atlantic and drop them in Spain. Pay the 3IPC

From this point it never goes exactly the same. I try to buy I bomber a turn and fly them to Britain. I buy Infantry for the west coast a little at a time. I build 2 transports when ever my fleet is in port so my fleet is consolidated and safe.

In Spain I have a few options. If Germany takes it I land in Gibralter. If Germany takes Gibralter I take Algeria. If Germany leaves it alone I begin to stock pile there and draw the German forces away from Eastern Europe and Africa. If I need to I can transfer troops to Africa or Finland.

I also begin strat bombing germany on turn 2. If I make an attack into Europe I can use my bombers and fighters to support that.

If the German sub hits my Transport in the Atlantic I sink it and delay my plans by one turn, however with the delay I will be stronger when I hit Spain.

Most important is to keep it as flexable as possible.

• A question about your opening purchase, why buy ARM instead of an inf.? It saves you 2 IPC’s and it’s better to transport 2 inf. then just one tank. Other then that, the strat. looks promising. I always like new ideas :wink:

• Yes, I do see the flexibility for the Allies in such a strategy.

• Hes saving 3icp for Spain.

• Also another thing with your strats. Are you taking Spain a little too early. By taking Spain you’ve invested 9 IPCs (neutrality, 2 inf). Early in the game the Germany force can usually take Spain in force and fortify it with inf. / ftrs. Maybe a later/ heavier assualt on Spain later that would force Germany to spend more IPCs trying to take and hold it?

• Since we are discussing America, What do you

all think about the US using Canada as a land

Bridge?

• Using Canada as a staging point to mobolize American forces is a great move as it lessens the amount of time it takes for transports to reach Russia by two whole turns!

• I’ve been doing just that these past few games. Dropping off troops every turn in Africa, Spain, Western Europe, or Finland really puts pressure on Germany…

• '19 Moderator

I like it when Germany hits me in spain on the second turn.

If gemany takes and fortifies spain thats fewer troops in eastern Europe. Then I can start massing in Algeria. If you check your map Algeria is one transport move from every teritory in Europe.

Most good players I’ve played just start adding troops in Western Europe.

• I like it, but you might want to consider nixxing the Armor on T1, takes up too much transport space.

• Yes a early rush of inf. off Spain would definately force Germany to transfer forces to W. Europe but how hard is it to defeat two inf.? How about 6+ inf. two turns from now? Why make a small splash now when you can make a big one later? Besides, I think America’s efforts at the beginning of the game would be solely to liberate N. Africa.

• '19 Moderator

The whole Idea is to try and draw Germany into capturing and defending a territory that is worthless. On your second turn you can hit Africa and some times I even drop an Infantry in Gibralter, just to try to draw germany out even further.

What it comes down to is, America needs to engage Germany in some way as soon as possible to distract them away from Russia. Every unit that is not put against Russia is one unit that Russia can put against Japan.

• Yeah, I see Dezert’s planning here. Get Germany at a disadvantage early, make them think your gonna keep going for Spain, and hit them hard somewhere else. Great plan.

• Well if you trying to rush troops into Europe/Africa as soon as possible, why not even bother with Gibralter? If you invade Spain and then Algeria, you can save two turns in the process.

• Sounds like the plan is to keep Germany guessing and keeping German troops in Western Europe tied down with defense instead of attacking the Russians in the East. Whatever the US objective may be can remain hidden until enough troops are massed in a given territory and then relocated. Only then are the US’ real intentions revealed at Germany’s expense.
    Is this close to the mark Dzertfish?

• This sounds like a good strat. One problem however, where ya gonna get those three extra I.P.Cs??? 1 Bomber=15, 2 transports=16 ( at * a peice) and the armour equals 5. if we add that up, it equals 36, which is what america starts with. Just curious is all.

• '19 Moderator

LOL…I dont know where I came up with that math! It made sense yesterday! Just drop the armor and Save 2.

That is the Idea FM, Once you make the landing in Spain if Germany takes it, it is a useless piece of German territory but if Germany is defending it thier defences will be weeker somewhere else. Remember what I said about Algeria. It is a transport ride away from any German territory Exept the Ukraine. If you are moving your troops to eastern Canada your fleet is never out of attack position. Just park it on the atlantic coast of Algeria and make shuttle runs to Canada to pick up your troops.

• Let’s do a little math:

1 bomber + 2 transport + 1 armor =
    15 IPCs + 16 IPCs + 5 IPCs = 36 IPCs.

The USA starts with 36 IPCs. I don’t see how you have “saved 3 IPCs” with this purchase.

• '19 Moderator

Did you read the post directly above the post you made? I guess not.

• Here’s a key weakness in the opening turn. Once you unload the transport with 2 inf. What’s to happen to the transport? It’s unprotected an a sitting duck for German planes. Also on the subsequent invasion the next turn, you can only but up 1 ARM. Easily defendable against, while hampering US’s efforts later in the game for an invasion of Africa with 6 inf., 1 arm on the second turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m