What is the typical bid for G40- 2nd Edition (Alpha+3)???

• If you were a betting man or woman, how would you bid on this game if you are playing to win???

• I think if you are playing a good Allied player, no bid is necessary in Alpha 3.

• I’ve never played a bid-game in my life, but if you play this in low luck, Allies can use a hand (and low luck AA sucks harder than a Nilfisk)

edit: so my ‘typical’ bid would be: no bid

• Yes, low-luck can reveal some things but it is also deceiving in that when players “know” the results of a battle before they roll, it can change strategy quite a bit.  I hate playing low-luck also, but it is interesting to observe.

• TripleA

LL 12-15 bid for allies.

I refuse to play the boring allies below 8, unless we are flipping a coin for sides. I get a sub for uk and 2 ipc for uk to buy 10 inf round 1 for london. Gives a bit more leeway in the uk1 opener.

• no bid is needed.  Get on triple and play some good players, game is balanced… i love the cry babies who want to bid for allies, I will bid zero and win with allies…play loki17 (me), RedTails, NapalmDeath, RaibowBright, Squidward… and you will get spanked…let me know when you want a tune up

• TripleA

last time I checked soulfein spanked you guys.
    ~
    was a nice game loki17, hope it convinced you allies need something for a bid. Then again my Japan play is strong, love that Japan 1 dow, easy to play Japan the hyper aggressive way.
    ~
    Did teach me I need to change my G1 opener a bit for dice games, bringing aa guns up is kinda silly, hungary going up is 2 arty, to get more on novgorod attack g3. I also should get a sub on G2.

LRA activated for a 15% crack at japan was entertaining.

• allies need no help i want a rematch, i wasnt ready for a long game, as long as you have patience the allies will win

• TripleA

ok, but I was rushing as the axis though… I have an aggressive play style so it is easy to wait for me to come to you.

• TripleA

the results of this poll shows players experience and does not show what bid is needed to balance the game between equally experienced players.

a bid of 6-15ipc is needed to balance the game.

• TripleA

I agree with that statement.

• '10

Unless it’s a coin flip, i refuse to play allies with a bid of less than 10 IPC for 2 reasons: first because as most of the people will agree, allies need a little buff, and second because my level of play with allies is much weaker than with the axis.

• Hmmm…still 0% for Axis needing the bid- that says a lot right there.

• TripleA

Yep. Global has issues.

I wish the allies had more NOs and japan too, but it would make things more complicated. Maybe just nix a germany or italy NO.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m