• Customizer

As of this topic post’s date, you can buy AASpring 1942 for less than 1941. I just bought a second copy of AA Spring '42 given what I see as a price hike in MSRPs, decreased levels of production numbers of A&A titles and total units overall .

The goal of 1941 is to introduce new players etc. I wonder though which does better in introducing new players?

In addition Spring 42 has essentially the same content if not more literally material content yet significantly lower cost than AA42 2ED, what does this mean for the future cost and availabilty of A&A games?

Your thoughts?

Is this a sign of things to come for better or worse?

• It was designed to introduce new players and, with the inclusion of Tigers, to get us to buy it too, but once played by someone who falls in love with the concept, it falls short. I agree, something like the original is just as effective.
    I know 2 players who bought and tried it, then a week and one game later, bought 1942.
    I feel bad for recommending my friend buy it now.
    He and his housemate are seriously hooked. Yea!

• @toblerone77:

As of this topic post’s date, you can buy AASpring 1942 for less than 1941. I just bought a second copy of AA Spring '42 given what I see as a price hike in MSRPs, decreased levels of production numbers of A&A titles and total units overall .

The goal of 1941 is to introduce new players etc. I wonder though which does better in introducing new players?

1941. I was only going to buy it for the new sculpts but the moment I got the box and looked at it I realized it’s the best to introduce the game for some of my friends (I already tried Spring 1942 1st Ed with some).
    The low IPC income can be frustrating but it’s extremely helpful when deciding to buy units since it reduces a lot of the decision making process. It is also easier when you dont have to explain strat bombing, battleship bombardement and so on.
    In other words, if you can’t get people to start and like 1941 then you better forget about Spring 1942 2nd Ed. or Global for them.

In addition Spring 42 has essentially the same content if not more literally material content yet significantly lower cost than AA42 2ED, what does this mean for the future cost and availabilty of A&A games?

Your thoughts?

Is this a sign of things to come for better or worse?

Hm? I haven’t received my copy of Spring 1942 2nd Ed yet but it seems it has about the same content (units - AAs, more individual sculpts, but no ICs or money) than 1st Ed.
    Overall, I’d get 2nd Ed. to 1st Ed. - haven’t looked at the 2nd Ed. map carefully but the 1st Ed. map is awful graphically. Plus so far it’s a more open game (with more possible winning strategies for both sides).

• Customizer

Totally get where you’re at Hobbes. I’m just sayin that as far as bang for the buck a first edition 1942 outshines 1941 hands down and at less cost. I have all three games anyway plus two copies of Spring 1942. Its just an observation I made after purchase.

• @toblerone77:

Totally get where you’re at Hobbes. I’m just sayin that as far as bang for the buck a first edition 1942 outshines 1941 hands down and at less cost. I have all three games anyway plus two copies of Spring 1942. Its just an observation I made after purchase.

Spring 42 1st Ed. is one of the best A&A games IMO since I rather play the smaller games. My main gripe with it is really the map design, specially in Europe. If it’s cheap than 1941 take it. Specially if you’re a piece fanatic ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m