• I’ve been trying to figure this one. If France falls, and the US recaptures Indochina, can the US build a minor complex in Indochina, even though France is still occupied by the Germans?

• you can build a minor, not a major.

• Thanks. That’s good to know. BTW, it says for the global advantages that if the Axis controlled Stalingrad, etc, then Germany would get 5 IPCs, even if Italy captured it. However for British India, if Germany captures it do the Japanese get their strategic bonus for captured British capital. The rules say it has to be Japan, but we were wondering if that was a typo since in the other  sections it’s a Axis power for places like Stalingrad, Egypt, etc.

• It is not a typo unfortunately.

• thus the draw back of seeing yourself as the great liberator of Asians from the European yoke. Japan wouldn’t be ok with India trading UK masters for German ones.

• If the Germans are anywhere near India the Allies are doing something very wrong.

• Or the Germans are!

• Customizer

I believe the Alpha+3 rules have changed it to “Axis” control now. If any Axis power controls India, Japan gets the $5 bonus. In some games, I have seen Italy get strong enough to take India.
    This is also true for Japan’s other NOs. (Sydney, Honolulu, San Francisco, the four DEI territories and the five islands – Midway, Wake, Guam, Gilbert and Solomons). They can be held by Axis powers, not just Japan, and Japan will get the $5 bonus.
    Seems kind of silly to me but I guess Larry wanted to make it slightly easier for Japan to get their NOs, or at least make it seem like it was easier.

Like I said, I have seen a couple of games where Italy took Calcutta, although by that time it is usually pretty much game over for the Allies. Also, I imagine if Germany or Italy managed to invade Central US, they could conceivably go on and take Western US, which would result in Japan getting a $5 NO.
    It’s really hard to imagine a German or Italian task force floating all the way to the Pacific and taking any of the 5 small islands, the DEI, Honolulu or Sydney, but I guess it could happen in some kind of weirdly played game. Maybe Larry wanted it to be open to any type of off the wall scenarios.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m