• I am surprised that there is an allied bid for this game. I have popped my head into about 10 games on TripleA, and in every single one the Axis was getting crushed. KGF just seems way too powerful, and one bad dicing seems to hose the Axis since they have so many critical battles to win.

Also, Japanese transports are waaay too reachable (Pacific is SO SMALL!), and Germany’s control of Europe is easily assaulted right away.

• If you look at the win loss records for good players in forum games, I believe the axis are still dominant.

KGF, like older versions of the game, can be defeated by an axis player by making the proper moves.
    A few of these moves are to buy mostly inf and ftrs for Germany, and my biggest KGF counter move is for Japan to fly their airforce to europe.  These planes are not needed/easily replaced once Japan is left unchecked in the Pacific.

Soon KGF boils down to which falls first:  Germany or Moscow.
    The russians seem to fall earlier, and then Godzilla is too hard to stop

• In my experience, KGF is not surefire in 1941 setup.

If you have a meticulous player for Japan and a player with a good strategy for Germany, The Allies focusing entirely on Germany Leaves Japan free to roll over Asia.

Fast forward to 1944/45 And the Allies circling in on Germany.  Yes, Germany will likely fall, but if Japan has meticulously managed her troops up to this point, Russia will have fallen or be about to fall to hoards of Japanese tanks.

My experience is that in any 1941 game with strong players, something has to be done to slow down Japan before she becomes a juggernaught, and this take away from the KGF.

Of course, this is my opinion only and my group of players is 6 strong leading to a heavy bias due to the low sample number.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m