Allied thoughts (Haven't played the game)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Not having played the game, but hearing all the axis biased complaints…

Has anyone tried to A-typical strategy, of JUST flying fighters, to Russia? or landing ground units over there, as oppossed to trying to the Germans face on?

I was curious as to what people were thinking…

With India as a factory, really the bris shouldn’t even been bothering with a navy - in such a low income game.

• Factory is only worth one, so can only build one unit, so with Japan starting so strong India, even if you send troops East, cannot hold past T3.
    Thing for UK is not building a fleet, but preventing Germany building one. They have  to capture London and with max 20 income can take an age. If Uk can hang on to 9 income(US help) can get to 10 Inf soon, coupled with 2 or 3 Fts might buy the necessary time for US to sink Jap fleet and get an Allied victory.
    It is the usual scenario of a strong Japan who cannot be everywhere at once and the US hanging on patiently for the one chance to nip(!) in and cull its wings.
    Remember one round of bad rolls and the game can be over too(either way).

• Customizer

I just had a beer goggled thought, What if instead of a bid we made India worth 2 IPC’s from the outset. Thoughts on this from more sober and analytical minds would be appreciated. I had the same thought about UK not needing navy as a couple fighters and the bomber at home can take care of any navy the Nazi’s can drop, as they have to go Baltic with their being no Italy IC. Even when they take the Soviet money Germany has a hard time dropping the navy needed for Sea Lion. UK should spend in India but the 1 unit limit makes it hard.

• India should have been 2,agreed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m