• After 3 games played, the Axis win easily all the time.

Germany buys tanks, infantry and some planes
    Germany wips oout the UK navy
    Germany attacks SU

Japan invests in warships and transports

• What did the Allies do in those games?  Did Germany buy any ships?

• TripleA

Why would germany ever buy ships? Don’t you know transports don’t defend? Can’t do sea lion in 1942 like you can in global. what the hell man.

• I was talking about a carrier for the Baltic. Nothing else.

• Allies are 3-1 in our games. play smarter

• @Slackaveli:

Allies are 3-1 in our games. play smarter

I second that. Played 5 as Allies, lost one.

• What was the common factor why the Allies won in your games?

• @Petebu:

What was the common factor why the Allies won in your games?

SAVE RUSSIA! I’ve lost alot of british air units but Moscow held.

• Russia stay alive, usa and uk fight on two fronts.

• Playing my first game tonight and I will be the Axis. My plan is to drive very hard after Russia with Germany. Do you think it is wise to by a carrier for Germany?

• @Petebu:

I like America’s turn 1 buy of 4-5 DD.  That (plus the Panama cruiser) parked next to Britain will allow UK to drop a fleet by UK3. Until then, lots of air for UK. Russia is a LOT harder to defend in this version (compared to Revised, the last version I played), so it needs LOTS of support.

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

After 3 games played, the Axis win easily all the time.

Germany buys tanks, infantry and some planes
    Germany wips oout the UK navy
    Germany attacks SU

Japan invests in warships and transports

If you were playing 41, then I would agree this is easy for the Axis, but I think 42.2 should be an even split.

• @Petebu:

Playing my first game tonight and I will be the Axis. My plan is to drive very hard after Russia with Germany. Do you think it is wise to by a carrier for Germany?

i like inf plus bomber on G1, tanks on G2 and 3 depends on how it’s going. get a russian factory and drop artillery there

• @Petebu:

How and when to prevent India from falling to Japan, either if you are going for KGF or KJF.

If you are playing Allies, for the first five rounds your goal is to stop the Axis from raising their combined income from more than 80 IPCs. Achieve it and you’ll be on your way to victory.

• It sounds like buying a carrier for Germany is not a good idea. I read some post on here that some players were buying the carrier for the Baltic sea.  The carrier would take away the hard push towards Moscow.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

You know, I played chess a few (3 times) and white won every game.

Clearly it’s imbalanced, and black needs an extra pawn on the board.

• @Gargantua:

You know, I played chess a few (3 times) and white won every game.

Clearly it’s imbalanced, and black needs an extra pawn on the board.

Very true. I’ve had that experience with chess myself.

I bid a Queen for black.

• I’ll take white and give you 2 pawns.

• @Vance:

I’ll take white and give you 2 pawns.

Deal. I place the black pawns on d3 and e3. You may start the game.

• TripleA

@_@

Well, the opener is extremely dicey, even with low luck. I don’t mind the standard opener being a bit of a gamble, but it is going to ruin lots of low luck games.

2 subs don’t always beat a destroyer… I really hate the setup. It is such a big swing, you send 2 subs to get dd 2x tran… you lose or draw -12 for 0 or 8, you win -0 or -6 for 22. I mean come on.

Don’t get me started with egypt. Say you win, fighter + bomber hits bship, which is a huge risk for both players. Say you lose, 2 fig + bomber, say bye to your africa dreams, and thanks for playing.

Say egypt fighter is still around, hits the east indies jap fleet with 60% odds. It is so polarizing how that turns out.

Say you go to gib, your bomber would have to take out the destroyer, otherwise dd + bomber vs bship,

The whole game is just flipping coins, if I want to play a real war game, I’ll pull out aa50.

The first round pretty much decides how the game goes.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m