Tigers spotted on the Eastern Front!

• Looks too cool not to share… :-D

• That is  a pretty picture.
    Why were tigers not used ages ago?

• Customizer

Yeah, they at least came out before the Panther.

• Exactly. I think they must have known how much it would have meant to some of us, so spitefully withheld them!
    I love the Tiger.
    Have not seen the working one at Bovington. Looked in to it, but was all ticket and was sold out.

• Customizer

Somebody actually has a working Tiger tank?!?
    So where is Bovington? Is that in England? Is the Tiger in a museum or someone’s private collection?

• It is the biggest Tank museum in the UK. Is in the South, in Dorset. Have been, but not since the Tiger has been operational.They have a good site and they tweet really well too. I follow them.

• Nice pic! Tigers rock.  :mrgreen:

• With the new Tiger tanks from A&A 1941 and the revised Panther tanks issued from A&A BotB onward, plus the T-34 sculpts on the Russian side, we now have some nice ingredients for a Kursk game.

• Are things  being set up for a new A&A game? Dare we hope!

• @wittmann:

Are things  being set up for a new A&A game? Dare we hope!

At least, i hope the newest game is 1 without America. Nothing against them, but EVERY game released from A&A had american forces. I´m getting tired of them.

• @wittmann:

Are things  being set up for a new A&A game? Dare we hope!

Well, at least there’s potential for people to create their own house rules for a Kursk game.  Axistiger13 makes a good point about the American pieces: compared with the other four main countries, the U.S. has always placed more demands on the tackle boxes in which I stope my sculpts.  Britain is a close second because it’s been in every game other than Guadalcanal, so that adds up to quite a lot of sculpts.  Germany has been in fewer games than Britain, and Japan in fewer games that Germany, but they each tend to be given lots of pieces in games like the original Europe A&A and Pacific A&A in which there’s just one Axis country.  Russia has the fewest pieces of all: it’s been in the fewest number of games, and never as the sole Allied power.  My collection could use more T-34s and fewer Shermans.

• Most of us would love a Kursk, but it would not work if it was just the battle, because the Germans could never have won that. Suppose like “Bulge”, could be done on bettering the German historical gains.
    I think a post Stalingrad 1943 scenario, with the Germans having more say where they went and how they stabilised the Eastern Front would work better and be more exciting.
    Of course I would love one that ended with the fall of Berlin or an armistice called if Germany were still in Russia.

• I’ve just had Tigers and IS-2s show up in a Global game I’ve been playing can’t wait to get the on the map close to each other. It is alittle strange seeing Tigers and Panthers on the same map. The same can be said for T-34s and IS-2s.

• @MidnightExpress:

That’s a cool photo. The German units look similar to the original MB Classic grey. Is it just the lighting, or are they grey instead of black?

They are spraypainted dark grey - I’m kind of old school about some of the piece colors - never liked the gloss black Germans.

• Ya DER, Im with you on that one for dark grey for Germany.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

What map is that?

• my map. check varients

• @hkytown1:

What map is that?

As IL said, it is Imperious Leaders Spring 1942 map with neutrals, printed out at a local printer. I don’t have the whole 1941 game - just bought a set of pieces from Ebay and supplements from historicalboardgaming.com. I don’t even know what to call my game anymore - since I’ve added Italy now, it’s more like Anniversary Edition. It’s kind of a mix of what I like about all the games in the series - lol.

• Customizer

@CWO:

@wittmann:

Are things�  being set up for a new A&A game? Dare we hope!

Well, at least there’s potential for people to create their own house rules for a Kursk game.  Axistiger13 makes a good point about the American pieces: compared with the other four main countries, the U.S. has always placed more demands on the tackle boxes in which I stope my sculpts.  Britain is a close second because it’s been in every game other than Guadalcanal, so that adds up to quite a lot of sculpts.  Germany has been in fewer games than Britain, and Japan in fewer games that Germany, but they each tend to be given lots of pieces in games like the original Europe A&A and Pacific A&A in which there’s just one Axis country.  Russia has the fewest pieces of all: it’s been in the fewest number of games, and never as the sole Allied power.  My collection could use more T-34s and fewer Shermans.

You could use some of the Shermans and Matildas as lend lease re-enforcement provided you paint them to match russia.
    I know what you mean by the sheer numbers of shermans as I have practically all the A&A games and some even double or more.
    I’ve been modifying mine into an early Sherman and Firefly for the UK while the US will get a standard 75, 76 and an HVSS 76 tank.
    I have been toying with converting some shermans into either Lee or Grant M3s. Already have loads of M3 stuarts from HBG.

Back on the tiger topic, I’ve finished a platoon of orange Tigers into the E version and will be making the other 5 into H versions making 2 fairly distinct Tigers. The early version with the Feifel air cleaners while the H version will have the cleaner rear deck and rearranged turret top with maybe an attempt at zimmeret.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

It’s a beautiful map.  Borders clearly defined. Nice. Is it me IL or are the boarders a little tough to distinguish with these newer boards.  No sharpees needed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m