• To give an idea of the changes in the rulebooks regarding the profile picture changes here is a side by side:

• Fascinating.  They not only use different illustrations, they also show the colours / nations in a different order.  I never thought I’d see the green US pieces go from the #1 to the # 5 position in an A&A rulebook!

• Thanks scarapis. I have not got my copy yet. I ordered from Cool stuff on 7th July and should have had mine, but my local depot has asked for £19 import tax before they deliver. Am disgusted as I thought I had paid to have it delivered. Ordered from Amazon Uk on Saturday. Perhaps I would have two different rules copies like you, if I paid for the US version!

• @wittmann:

I ordered from Cool stuff on 7th July and should have had mine, but my local depot has asked for �19 import tax before they deliver. Am disgusted as I thought I had paid to have it delivered.

I don’t know how international orders to the UK are handled, but here in Canada when I order something from the U.S. I find it’s better for it to go by the US Postal Service than by a courrier company like FedEx.  When the order is relatively inexpensive, it will sometimes go through without any duty or taxes being tacked onto it at the receiving end by the customs people.  Orders that go by courrier usually get slapped with duties and taxes, on top of which they’ll often get hit with a customs brokerage fee from the courrier’s brokering agent.  I remember one case in which the shipping, taxes, customs and brokerage costs for something I ordered were higher than the price of the item itself.

• Thanks. Did the cheaper USPS deal and waited 12 days(seemed reasonable), so shocked to be told about the extra £19. Glad no one else has been shafted this way. Will never order from US again though. Have had countless Civil War books Over the years with no extras.
    Do not worry yourself, thank you. Just wanted to hear people’s opinions.

• Customizer

Could be collectible!

• Hi Sgt. Might be. Perhaps there are 6 German Tigers, not 5! Is still a cheek.
    Am going on HMRC’s website to see if I can get any answers as to why I am being charged, but I think Cool Stuff just did not pay the fees. I see now that Parcel Force(the  UK Courier) has added £8 admin of their own.

• '12

@CWO:

Fascinating.  They not only use different illustrations, they also show the colours / nations in a different order.  I never thought I’d see the green US pieces go from the #1 to the # 5 position in an A&A rulebook!

The one on the right is likely the fixed version.  The pieces are shown in turn order, which is a bit easier to follow.  This would also explain why USA is fifth.

• Excuse my ignorance, what rulebooks is this a comparison of?

• @P-Unit:

Excuse my ignorance, what rulebooks is this a comparison of?

It’s a comparison of 2 rulebooks for 1941.

• @P-Unit:

Excuse my ignorance, what rulebooks is this a comparison of?

They are both versions of the rule books for the new A&A: 1941 game.

• Interesting. My rulebook is the one on the right, and my pieces match the profiles.

• What are the differences in the rulebooks?

• Why are there two versions?

• Which is newer?

• What the heck happened here?  lol

• TripleA '12

I am thinking of being a second copy of AA1941 very soon, and when I get it I will go through both manuals page by page to try and find any discrepancies. I will report my findings back here…

• Hi Loz. I paid the £19 import tax on my second one and have sold it(at cost ) to a good friend, who is going to take it to university and play with his flatmates.
    I like it, but do not need two.

• TripleA '12

Hi Leo, I appreciate that mate. I just want more pieces so that the game is playable (need more Destroyers and Submarines). And I reckon at twenty quid off Amazon I can afford it. I’ll give the 2nd copy to my mate Jon (with some pieces from older games in it) 'cause he’s hooked on A&A now - you can tell by the dull look in his eyes nowadays that only ever light up when you mention a game of A&A to him.

• I have spent many a day like that: my mind on Eastern conquests, adding up purchases or writing down where my units were when away from a game.
    The A&A blank, but longing look.
    I considered asking my friend if I could have the Tigers in exchange for Panthers, but he is a keen WW2 historian and model painter, so will not spoil it for him.

• @P-Unit:

Interesting. My rulebook is the one on the right, and my pieces match the profiles.

• Which is newer?

Anyone know the answers to these? I find it odd that there are two different rulebooks for a game that was just released.

• @P-Unit:

Interesting. My rulebook is the one on the right, and my pieces match the profiles.

• Which is newer?

sorry for taking to long to respond to this, to answer your questions:

1: only the silhouettes shown above are differant

2: to change the silhouettes to match the actual pieces
    3: one on right I think ?
    4: who knows, one will be highly prized and collectible due to its limited run the other, meh.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I think “highly prized” will become “quickly forgotten”.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m