HistoricalBoardGaming Price Discrepancy

• Hi all, I was looking at ordering from HistoricalBoardgaming. Many of their single pieces are listed as having prices of .10 or .15, but when I get into the shopping cart, all of a sudden they are 25 cents more. This is even when I order a full set and then some extras of some pieces. Why is that the case?

• Their pieces have a base price, and the other prices are above the base price amount, so say their base price is .15 (usually for infantry) and say a tank says .10 thats above the .15 base price making the tanks .25 ea.

and yes I too think thats an oddball way of doing their pricing, they should just have total price for ea. unit, also a bit misleading too if you think about it.

• HBG themselves doesn’t like it either.  It’s just the way their software works and it’s not meant to be misleading in any way.  Just be glad that we finally have access to such high quality pieces at such good prices as well as unparalleled customer service.  I’ve been playing A&A since the beginning and I’ve waited a loooong time for such pieces.  A little software thing is meaningless when seen from that perspective.

• @Pacific:

HBG themselves doesn’t like it either.  It’s just the way their software works and it’s not meant to be misleading in any way.  Just be glad that we finally have access to such high quality pieces at such good prices as well as unparalleled customer service.  I’ve been playing A&A since the beginning and I’ve waited a loooong time for such pieces.  A little software thing is meaningless when seen from that perspective.

Actually I disagree, they are able to list the actual prices with the items, no way would that interfere with the calculator software for total tabulation, in fact this is the first only store I’ve seen do it that way.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Yeah, it’s true that we’ve been working on solving this issue. We didn’t like the way the system displayed the pricing. If you notice, when we did the Neutral individual pieces it was set up better, the way you would expect to see it. You choose the piece and the price, then select from colors. The old way had you select the set, then the piece and would change the price according to the selected piece. I have updated the Axis Minors to the new system today. The other sets will follow suit but require individual pictures and some photo editing to make everything look nice for the site. In the meantime, the US and Marine sets are still the old way. Thank you for your understanding! We’re always looking to be better.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m