• TripleA '12

I received my copy last night and set her up. She’s an awesome sight - look at all those German armies!

Anyway, I’ve looked and can’t seem to find a thread for piece counts so thought I’d start one to see if anyone has any discrepancies:

Game Board (2 seperate pieces)

Rulebook

20 Control Markers per power

12 Industrial Complexes (cardboard)

6 dice (3 red, 3 black)

79 chips (50 grey, 19 green, 10 red)

5 setup charts

410 playing pieces:

UNITED STATES:

Infantry: 20                      Fighter: 8
    Artillery: 6                        Bomber: 6
    Tank: 6                            Submarine: 6
    Antiaircraft Artillery: 8        Transport: 6
    Destroyer: 6                     Cruiser: 4
    Battleship: 4                     Aircraft Carrier: 4

SOVIET UNION:

Infantry: 20                       Fighter: 8
    Artillery: 8                         Bomber: 2
    Tank: 10                           Submarine: 4
    Antiaircraft Artillery: 8         Transport: 4
    Destroyer: 4                      Cruiser: 2
    Battleship: 2                      Aircraft Carrier: 2 Â

JAPAN:

Artillery: 6                        Bomber: 4
    Tank: 6                           Submarine: 6
    Destroyer: 6                     Cruiser: 4
    Battleship: 4                     Aircraft Carrier: 4 Â

UNITED KINGDOM:

Artillery: 6                        Bomber: 6
    Tank: 8                           Submarine: 5
    Destroyer: 7                    Cruiser: 4
    Battleship: 4                     Aircraft Carrier: 2 Â

GERMANY:

Infantry: 20                       Fighter: 8
    Artillery: 8                         Bomber: 4
    Tank: 12                           Submarine: 6
    Antiaircraft Artillery: 8         Transport: 6
    Destroyer: 6                      Cruiser: 4
    Battleship: 2                      Aircraft Carrier: 2 Â

I thought the UK Destroyer and Cruiser numbers were odd. Did anyone else find this? Also, I seem to be missing 1 green chip - but I’m not complaining.

• You have too much time on your hands Loz!
    My 1941 reported as at the Post Office awaiting notification of addressee.
    I hope that means I am getting it tomorrow.

• Customizer

Hey Lozmoid,
    It looks to me like you got pretty close to a correct piece count. Like you mentioned, you are missing 1 green chip (should be 20). Also, on your UK destroyers (7) and submarines (5), that’s a simple glitch in whomever filled that bag. The correct count should be 6 of each.
    I had the same problem with Germany in one of my '42 2E games. It was missing a cruiser but I got an extra transport. Not a biggie.

• TripleA '12

@knp7765: Yeah that’s cool, I can always just replace all of the new 1942SE UK Destroyers with their older counterparts from 1st Edition or even from AA50 if need be. And I don’t think we’re ever going to need all 20 green chips. Not the end of the world.

@wittman: Okay mate, good luck with the 1941 - hope you get it soon. You said you got this 1942SE, what did you think of it? Any missing pieces.

• Loz: never occurred to me to count. Never have. Just set it up.
    Have Global in the same room and is possible Maddy may have slipped in and moved some around anyway.
    Just dying to crack out that Made in China plastic bag with my 5 Tigers. Will count them.

• TripleA '12

You will enjoy those Tigers; they are awesome. I just really wish they’d given us Tigers in 1942SE too, I’m getting pretty tired of Panthers! lol

• Maybe 2nd Ed of Global will have the Kingtiger!
    (Would buy that and bin original if that happened.)
    Tiger has always been my favourite tank, hence: Wittman(n).

• @wittman:

Tiger has always been my favourite tank, hence: Wittman(n).

I don’t understand “hence” the connection.  Could you explain the background?

• Customizer

Wittmann was one of the highest scoring Tank aces reknowned for destroying an armored column in Villers Bocage.
    Surprisingly he got a lot of killed russian tanks as a StuG commander.
    I personally dislike Panthers and Tigers for 1941 and 1942 as these tanks were mid to late war tanks.
    The blitzkreig and Barbarossa were won mostly by the Pz III and later the Pz IV.
    In fact my copies will be using HBG Pz IIIs with Panthers as elites and Tigers as SS.

• Precisely Sgt. Except he is the highest scoring Ace and no one will ever beat his record. I know most of his kills were on the Russian Front, but he became famous for his last feats, those in Normandy. On 13th June he almost single handedly destroyed what would have been a flanking attack on Panzer Lehr, hitting the vanguard of Britain’s 7th Armour.
    He was killed 4 weeks later in Normandy, his tank ambushed and torn apart by 5 Shermans.
    Unfortunately, in my haste to think up a user name, I misspelt his! (Wish I could correct.)

• Customizer

I was just cruising HBG and found that they had the new AAA’s for sale. I grabbed 5 of each nation. They’ll move fast so if you want to stock up on these you’d better hurry. Now I’ll have 13 for each nation when my 42-2nd arrives and that aught to be good for Global. Hopefully ANZAC and Italy have fresh AAA sculpts for 40-2nd.

• Would love to, but after getting a £19 Import tax bill for my Cool Stuff 1941(already paid 30$ delivery) will not be buying from the US again. Pity.

• @wittmann:

Would love to, but after getting a �19 Import tax bill for my Cool Stuff 1941(already paid 30$ delivery) will not be buying from the US again. Pity.

wot da $u@k???

• Need to pay it or they will not deliver the game. Is being held 30 miles from my house. Rang Cool Stuff and the man who answered said that it was right. I thought the quoted delivery price would have included any Import tax.
    Not happy. If I do not pay it will go back to Cool Stuff and I will be refunded the 20$ for the game. Not the 30$ i paid to have it delivered.
    Cool stuff have noT answered my polite e mail.

• i got 5 American trannies and 7 destroyers. pain in the arse already.

• and not enough chips- if people do alot of SBRs especially.

• I have some lots of pieces and bags of chips up on eBay if you are interested in some extras without having to buy another game.  Plus HBG has a great site for pieces too.

• Customizer

Holy crap! No wonder your name looked so familiar on the “Bay”

• has anyone noticed that these 2nd edition pieces seem to be a little bit thicker and high quality?

• @Lunarwolf:

has anyone noticed that these 2nd edition pieces seem to be a little bit thicker and high quality?

Especially when compared to the 1941 pieces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m