• if you compare the 1941 and 1942 map, the 1941 just connects territories of the 1942. and all of us were thinking some territories in 1941 were very badly divided (china, siberia). but the borders are actually exactly the same…

• Customizer

Comparison photos?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Actually if you look at ALL the Axis and Allies games…

they all kind of have this place called Berlin, and Moscow/Russia… and these side show places like India and China… just in different configurations!

• @Gargantua:

they all kind of have this place called Berlin, and Moscow/Russia… and these side show places like India and China… just in different configurations!

:roll:  haha smart remarks

• @Gargantua:

they all kind of have this place called Berlin, and Moscow/Russia…

Yup. Took me a while to find them on the Battle of Bulge map though. The Germans had to liberate Antwerp, then switch back to defeat the Soviet attack on Berlin and make a victorious push towards Moscow by round 129… that was quite a game.

• @Hobbes:

@Gargantua:

Yup. Took me a while to find them on the Battle of Bulge map though. The Germans had to liberate Antwerp, then switch back to defeat the Soviet attack on Berlin and make a victorious push towards Moscow by round 129… that was quite a game.

You laugh, but I’ve always thought that it would be an amazing experience (assuming one had the interest and time) to play a mini-game every time you use the battle board: ‘zooming in’ for the tactical battles, and ‘zooming out’ for the strategic campaigns.

Ideally, there’d be a mini-board corresponding to every territory and sea zone on the main (Global 40) board; you’d move to the mini-board for each battle, multiply the number of units by 10 (for instance), fight it out to the death, and then place the remaining units back on the board, dividing the number of units by 10 (rounding up if the remainder is 6 or more, rounding down if the remainder is 5 or less).

The design of these mini-boards would be an engaging project for a committed and enthusiastic hobbyist… Any takers? Or will I have to do this myself? ;)

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

@Make_It_Round:

@Hobbes:

@Gargantua:

You laugh, but I’ve always thought that it would be an amazing experience (assuming one had the interest and time) to play a mini-game every time you use the battle board: ‘zooming in’ for the tactical battles, and ‘zooming out’ for the strategic campaigns.

Ideally, there’d be a mini-board corresponding to every territory and sea zone on the main (Global 40) board; you’d move to the mini-board for each battle, multiply the number of units by 10 (for instance), fight it out to the death, and then place the remaining units back on the board, dividing the number of units by 10 (rounding up if the remainder is 6 or more, rounding down if the remainder is 5 or less).

The design of these mini-boards would be an engaging project for a committed and enthusiastic hobbyist… Any takers? Or will I have to do this myself? ;)

Wasn’t that the idea behind the second edition PC version?

If that doesn’t satisfy you try “Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots” for PC. Strategic moves on a global map, then zoom in so you can taste the blood.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m