• In many versions of this great game (be it Europe 1940 or Anniversary Edition), i often see that buying an aircraft carrier with Germany on G1 is a popular choice.  In Europe it helps defend the transports you concurrently purchased, or are set to purchase for sea lion (or a fake sea lion), and etc…

My question is in regards to how this will effect the non-combat move.

On the german Non-combat move, can fighters be placed in the sea zone where the aircraft carrier will reside during the unit placement phase?

That is to say, must my planes return to a friendly land territory and only land on my new aircraft carrier on G2’s noncombat move?  Or can I place them in the sea-zone in anticipation of the aircraft carrier that will be placed?

I ask because I would actually be fairly reluctant to purchase transports and an aircraft carrier on G1, if I know that I can’t put fighters on the thing until G2.  It is somewhat suicidal for the UK to send her fighters in for the assault, but against a naked aircraft carrier it would cross my mind to try this as the UK player.

• @captain:

In many versions of this great game (be it Europe 1940 or Anniversary Edition), i often see that buying an aircraft carrier with Germany on G1 is a popular choice.  In Europe it helps defend the transports you concurrently purchased, or are set to purchase for sea lion (or a fake sea lion), and etc…

My question is in regards to how this will effect the non-combat move.

On the german Non-combat move, can fighters be placed in the sea zone where the aircraft carrier will reside during the unit placement phase?

That is to say, must my planes return to a friendly land territory and only land on my new aircraft carrier on G2’s noncombat move?  Or can I place them in the sea-zone in anticipation of the aircraft carrier that will be placed?

I ask because I would actually be fairly reluctant to purchase transports and an aircraft carrier on G1, if I know that I can’t put fighters on the thing until G2.  It is somewhat suicidal for the UK to send her fighters in for the assault, but against a naked aircraft carrier it would cross my mind to try this as the UK player.

Yes, you are permitted to leave planes in the seazone where a carrier will be placed.  You can use the purchase of a carrier as a method to determine a valid air route where the plane would not have enough spaces left to reach land, but would have enough spaces to reach the seazone where the carrier will be placed.

• awesome.  Thanks so much!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m