Read Victory Conditions Carefully!

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I think we’ve been misreading the “Optional Shorter Game” victory conditions! Look on both pages 6 & 21. The short games requires the capture of London or Washington, NOT MOSCOW! This makes a much more balanced effort. It also says the Axis capital must be held until the end of the Japanese turn, or the Allied capital until the end of the USA turn…

• Sounds like the games people are playing are not as short as first made out by DJ. Not a problem of course.

• Customizer

Yeah, I noticed that too. I suppose they figured Moscow was simply too easily taken to count as an Axis victory.

We are in an unusually long and hard game of 1941 right now. We had to take a break from it and will pick it up tonight. USA took out Japan. Only thing left is Japanese controlled Caucasus occupied by German units. The Brits were in position to take the Caucasus but were smart not to do so as there were German units lurking about. Now it’s basically a useless territory instead of giving Germany a 2-point factory.
    On the other hand, Germany took Moscow and is trying to encroach into the Middle East and Asia. They had a strong defense on Western Europe and the Luftwaffe kept sinking the Royal Navy. However, USA just landed a force and took W Europe with Germany not having any other land units in range to take it back. Western Europe is only 3 points, but in this game that is actually a lot. The trick for the Allies is going to be trying to back up the US tank left on W Europe before Germany can get enough land units to take it back while trying to also stop Germany in Asia and the Middle East.
    I think it will eventually go to the Allies. Right now Germany is at 15 IPCs, UK at 12 IPCs and USA is at 28 IPCs. Russia is totally off the board except for 1 submarine and Japan has no units at all (lost their last fighter in a kamikaze attack on a US battleship), just that useless 2 point territory of the Caucasus, so that’s no help to the Axis at all.
    The limited builds in this game really makes things interesting.

• TripleA

vcs also have stars on them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m