• '20 '16 '15 '14

Okay, so I’m still a newbie to AAG40, and I’m trying to figure something out (sorry if this has been asked before).  Is it correct that I cannot place a Major IC on Kiangsu even though Japan has owned that territory from the very beginning of the game (hence, it is “originally controlled” by Japan)?  Or, what is the definition of “originally controlled”?  :)

And, then, how about Manchuria?  I see nothing in the rules that states that China is even allowed to enter Manchuria, so isn’t that then considered completely originally owned by Japan?

Or, did I miss it somewhere in the FOUR rules sources that I am trying to read through?

Certainly I would think that this should be an up-front rule clarification in the Alpha +3.9 set, but I’m just not seeing it…. quite frustrating when one’s strategy is based around something that is in the end apparently not possible…

• Major IC’s can only be placeon 3ipc or higher value original territories.  Everything from manchuria to kwangsi are technically originally chinese, so japan cant place a major in anyone of them, minors are ok (must be 2 or higher ipc value).  Korea is the only eligible new major location for Japan.

China is allowed to enter manchuria since its part of china.

• Easiest way to tell what is “originally Japanese” is easy. If if has the Jap national marker, then it’s originally Japanese. If it has the Chinese one, then it was originally Chinese (even if it starts the game under Japanese occupation)

• It can be confusing because of the difference between “originally owned” and "originally controlled (at the beginning of the game). The national symbols on the countries indicate original ownership whereas the colored borders are there to indicate the original occupation for the purposes of determining IPC should your IPC chart become incorrect, or if you are like us and just toss the IPC chart out the window because somehow it is always wrong every game (I have no idea how, but it happens, so we just calculate IPC at the end of every turn).

• '20 '16 '15 '14

@zanetheinsane:

… or if you are like us and just toss the IPC chart out the window because somehow it is always wrong every game (I have no idea how, but it happens, so we just calculate IPC at the end of every turn).

LOL we do the exact same thing.  Writing the amounts on a sheet of paper is so much easier.

Thanks for the clarification, all!  So, in essence the only Major IC that Japan can buy is Korea… in fact, there are only a few places in the world where a Major IC can be built, and even fewer where it would make any sense whatsoever… ;)

• @DizzKneeLand33:

@zanetheinsane:

… or if you are like us and just toss the IPC chart out the window because somehow it is always wrong every game (I have no idea how, but it happens, so we just calculate IPC at the end of every turn).

LOL we do the exact same thing.  Writing the amounts on a sheet of paper is so much easier.

Thanks for the clarification, all!  So, in essence the only Major IC that Japan can buy is Korea… in fact, there are only a few places in the world where a Major IC can be built, and even fewer where it would make any sense whatsoever… ;)

Yep, its really only korea some german terr and sita that you can have a new major (im not counting france or obvious reasons).  US does not really need to upgrade early.

• '16 '15 '10

I’m wary of building any kind of industrial in China.  If Allies take the IC, it is destroyed and you’ll have to build it all over again.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Pfftp…

IF you’re going to build yourself a debt star. Make sure you leave a legion of your best troops in the forest to protect the sheild generator.

Then your journey to the dark side will be complete.

• Don’t you just hate those furry little things that live in the woods? I am vegetarian, but I would eat one of those horrid, squeaky things. Long live the Empire and the evil Dark Side.

Fuzzy dice always trump the Axis. :P

• Is it diffent if u place a minor in an orginally controll terro, or a newly caputere 1 ? I mean if it got 2 IPC value, can u only build 2 units ? Or 3 in both ? Hope u get my question!

PPP

• @PeterPaaPan:

Is it diffent if u place a minor in an orginally controll terro, or a newly caputere 1 ? I mean if it got 2 IPC value, can u only build 2 units ? Or 3 in both ? Hope u get my question!

PPP

minor ICs can build 3.  Major ICs can build 10.  value of the territory only determines if you can place an IC there or not, it does not determine the capacity of the IC itself.

• @wittman:

Don’t you just hate those furry little things that live in the woods? I am vegetarian, but I would eat one of those horrid, squeaky things. Long live the Empire and the evil Dark Side.

They make great rugs too!

• Those are tribbles…

• Ugh! That is not what I want to wake up to.

• Ty Kdczim, dunno why I thought otherwise! Maybe from old rules ? But ty!

PPP

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m