• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

if you read the rulebook it states that there are only the standard 12 VCs in this game. However, the map seems to indicate a few more:

The ones I noticed were Honolulu and Stalingrad which appear to be indicated on the map.

These extra VCs (if they exist) would be in keeping with the rearrangement of territories in europe and Asia. Any chance they might factor into the game?

I personally hope so. My Axis and Allies dream is that one day the Axis can have some reasonable avenue to victory which doesnt necessarily involve taking Moscow.

Could it be that finally the axis could win by holding all of Europe, Leningrad, Stalingrad, The Asian cities including Calcutta and clinch with JAPAN taking Honalulu? Man that would be sweet. I think this could really rebalance the game to more independent theaters like we see in g40. Thoughts?

• IIRC yes, the rule book has an error. Hawaii IS a VC - and I think that makes 13 on the board.

MM

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

And Stalingrad?

• Customizer

Not 100% sure about Stalingrad. It appears to be in the Caucasus territory but it is hard to see. Not sure if the mark I’m seeing is a victory city or just some topical variation in the terrain.

So does this mean we have to make our own victory conditions now? If Honolulu and Stalingrad are on the map, that means the Allies will have 8 victory cities and only need 1 more to win the Standard Victory.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Yes, there are 13 victory cities:.

Washington
    London
    Paris
    Berlin
    Rome
    Leningrad
    Moscow
    Calcutta
    Manilla
    Shanghai?
    Tokyo
    Honolulu
    San Francisco

• TripleA '12

Okay great, so there are 12 VCs mentioned in the Rulebook but actually 13 on the map. Brilliant.  :-(

How on earth do errors of this magnitude get through the quality control?!

• Quality control. You make it sound like a chicken factory.
    Hang on, maybe Cargill(Hereford’s Sun Valley branch) could do a better job for us! Someone should ask them.

• Guys,

Yes, it is 13 VC.  Honolulu was missed.  Can’t comment on the quality control issue but remember, Larry is in Mass. while WotC is in Washington.  Things like this are bound to happen.

As I understand it:

The rule book (on page 6 – HOW THE WAR IS WON) will eventually be corrected to read:

On the map are thirteen victory cities crucial to the war effort. As the game begins, the Axis controls 6 of these cities and the Allies control 7 of them. The Allies begin the game controlling Washington, London, Leningrad, Moscow, Calcutta, Honolulu, and San Francisco.  The Axis powers begin the game controlling Berlin, Paris, Rome, Shanghai, Manila, and Tokyo. The standard victory condition is if your side controls three more total victory cities than it started with (9 for the Axis or 10 for the Allies) at the end of a complete round of play (after the completion of the U.S. turn), you win the war.

Page 23 (WINNING THE GAME) will also be corrected.  The third column in the chart will read “9 for Axis and 10 for Allies” (or something similar) and “13”.

You should also note that the German and UK starting IPCs as listed on page 6 are incorrect.  Germany should read 41 (not 40), and the UK should read 31 (not 30).

That is what we have to date…

Peace,
    Gregory J. Smorey
    Axis & Allies Tournament Director/GM - GEN CON/Origins/Spring Gathering
    www.headlesshorseman2.com

“The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself” - MacArthur

• TripleA '12

Thanks for that, Greg. I sure hope we get some official answers/errata soon from Krieg soon.

It’s such a shame that Larry can’t just take a look at a prototype sample of a given game before it’s released! I’m sure ANY other board game company could do a better job than WotC… I just wish they cared.  :-(

• @Lozmoid:

Thanks for that, Greg. I sure hope we get some official answers/errata soon from Krieg soon.

It’s such a shame that Larry can’t just take a look at a prototype sample of a given game before it’s released! I’m sure ANY other board game company could do a better job than WotC… I just wish they cared.  :-(

I believe most of the time he does.  Just sometimes things fall through the cracks and things get sent out before his stamp of approval goes on it.  You guys are perfectionist and that makes it tough on all of us when it comes to AA.  I know that from my standpoint, it would be very nice if we lived in a perfect world were things could be just as is and it made everyone happy.  But the reality of it is that, WotC is a company and looks at it from a business standpoint.  Whatever that means?

All I am saying is that I am not sure ANY other board game company could do better than WotC?

Peace,
    Gregory J. Smorey
    Axis & Allies Event Organizer/GM - GEN CON/Origins/Spring Gathering
    www.headlesshorseman2.com

“The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself” - MacArthur

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m