Is anyone actually playing this?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I mean really?

• For me: Not yet.
    First I have to read the rulebook.
    Then I have a bunch of pieces on order from HBG that I’m going to use to replace some of the pieces I don’t like (and they should arrive by mid-week next week).
    Then I have to talk my stepdaughter into playing a game with me.
    So right now I’m looking at the end of next week before I play it.

• no because the game isn’t out yet to most of us unlucky enough to have to wait till it’s in stores

• TripleA

This is going to be the board game of the year. It is the best Axis and Allies game ever made, how can it not be the board game of the year? The simplicity and fun, makes for a good game. The ability to resolve a game in a timely fashion and the possibility of it taking hours on end. It is good.

You can actually sit down with friends who have not played this iteration and they can immediately get it. Other board games, take time explaining stuff, a casual group can actually play this game. Advanced groups will also really enjoy it as so many strategies become viable.

Play it, it is a good game.

I showed it to some friends and they actually got interested in this board. My friend leo is only midly interested in axis and allies, but this got him excited. It got me excited right away. I mean sure we cracked jokes at it “so axis and allies went to the one extreme of taking forever and people complained so now we have the other extreme, (laughter) okay I will play this, $24 only, yeah go get it, I am interested now, we will rematch after a game.” Exact words.

This is it, less is better, what I been wanting for years, is this, it don’t get any lower than this. Finally, it is happening!

• Customizer

Hey Gargantua,
    Are you still trying to compare this game to Global 40? Of course they don’t compare. Except for the overall theme (WW2) they are completely different games.
    You really need to give this game a try. It’s really fun. Yeah, I love Global 40 and all the intricate rules and planning that go with it. However, it’s also fun to sit down to a very simple game like 1941. Me and my group just love it. Sure, the game does seem awfully Axis leaning, but since we can basically blow through a game in 3-4 hours, we will keep trying it out to see if we can come up with different results.
    As for the new pieces, I just LOVE the Tiger tanks, P-40 fighters and He111 bombers. The new Jap ships are pretty cool too. Plus, if you don’t like certain of the pieces (like Japanese Tiger tanks or German Kongo Battlecruisers), you can always sub in your existing pieces. I’m sure you have plenty of A&A pieces from the 40 games you can use. Gotta keep the German Tigers though. At least till you run out (only 5 in the game). Then you can add OOB Panthers to ride along with the Tigers.
    Give the game a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It’s kind of fun not having to worry about AA fire, SBRs or taking a battleship back to a naval base to get repaired.

• TripleA

the complex in australia is pretty cool.

Went europe with usa and pacific with uk… was funny.

• TripleA '12

I received my copy over the weekend and I am loving it, much simplified, much fun. I have used some paper IPCs from my old original Europe game - just 5 Tens, 10 Fives and 15 Ones seems to do the job!  :-)

OH I’ll be buying it, and I’ll try it.  Don’t get me wrong…

But with the IPC limits so low, infantry seems like the best buy all the time (With the exception of US).  And I’m not seeing alot of strategy… :(

• I think it will be just right for my wife and me  after we have put our daughter to bed,  rather than watching a DVD, or with 2 friends over a few drinks.

I can’t believe you want to beat your wife Wittman. :P

• I am Italian. We all do it.
    After she has cooked and washed up.

• @Gargantua:

I can’t believe you want to beat your wife Wittman. :P

you never watched Goodfellas?

• Yeah, Sicilian wives hit back!

LOL… Sicilians…

• I do the same with mine.

Brofist Wittman