• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I think many of you will recognize the rules for this new unit. It can only move in NCM unless on a loaded transport. It can fire at up to 3 enemy air units at a 1. Cost is 5. It should be noted that the attacker chooses the casualties instead of rolling fighters and bombers separately. It is the new Anti-Aircraft Artillery…

Allied units:

Russia: 85mm M1939
    UK:  3.7in QFAA
    US: 90mm M1
    AlliedAA.jpg

Axis units:

Japan: 75mm Type 88

Germany: 8.8cm Flak 36

AxisAA.jpg

• well thats neat, Id love to see these in the reprints of Europe and Pacific 1940.

Along with Alpha +4 rules.

• very nice I love the new 88mm. What are the chances of seeing the other 5 molds from the Game? the new German artillery piece most interest me seeing as the 88mm is the mold for the new AA guns.

I will try to add these tomorrow.

• Customizer

Love them. Thanks for the pics bro! How many of each in the box?

• Thanks Variable they look nice. I am glad I ordered this one.

• Thanks for the pictures, Variable!  Looking forward to adding these units to my collection.  It’s puzzling that the WotC announcement for the game didn’t say there were 10 new sculpts rather than 5 (it just referred to the five non-AAA sculpts that the game will include).

• @GoSanchez6:

Thanks Variable they look nice. I am glad I ordered this one.

Thanks.

I think I can already spot a few changes on the South Atlantic SZs….

Okay guys, I’m afraid further details will have to wait. I’ve been helping out DJensen with some game reviews on this and AA41 while he’s been uber busy lately. We’re organizing some info over the next couple days to do a proper review like the last one. Expect some great info shortly!

• Those are nice!  I will get a copy and add these to my Global game.  I am interested to see what they have as artillery for Germany now.

For Italy, I will use the old 88s as AA guns and use the FMG Italian artillery pieces.  They look much better in real life than they do in the pictures, and I think they are actually some of the nicest pieces from the FMG set.  I also really like the Axis minor half tracks in Italian brown.

• There are a fair number of map changes in the game - it really is a new game in many ways. New sea zones - sea zones that you used to know that have been changed in layout. A good number of new land territories as well.

As mentioned on a different thread, I think A&A fans will really like this new version and I cannot wait to get another crack (or two or three) at the game.

MM

• This has to mean that they are making new molds for the reprint of AAE40 and AAP40!!!

• Thats how they will get the people to buy it that already have it questioneer. I like the rest of you guys probably will.

• Customizer

Personally I had not planned on buying the new Global games as I have both of the originals and all the Alpha rules so if they plan on selling to those of us who have been following all the Alpha updates they’ll need to really add a ton of new units. One or two on top of what we’ll be getting with 41 and 42 won’t do it for a $160 game but if the map is so much better than the original two that I NEED to get it that might do it. Regardless of the Global stuff in Autumn, I’ll be getting 41 and 42 because they are different games. 41 for suckering newcomers into my obsession and 42 for keeping them hooked. Not sure how I feel about more sea zones so we’ll have to wait for a better review.

Truly the year of Axis & Allies people! And I have to fork out jack for Dark Knight Rises as well this month.

Our Batman, who art in Gotham, cowled be thy mane…

• @Variable:

I will try to add these tomorrow.

Thank you for all the info. We’ll patiently await for the info. I mean in 15 days the game is going to be on the shelves and we’ll have all the info about the game we could possible want.

• Variable,

Those units are awesome, Think a dedicated AA Flak for Germany, US, UKm USSR and Japan!  What will they think of next?  Hopefully they give at least 5 for each nation, not just one.

WARRIOR888

How would you like 8 per nation?   :-)

• @Variable:

How would like 8 per nation?   :-)

I would like it very much thanks for asking  :-D

• TripleA '12

I just really hope WOTC doesn’t scrimp out on the numbers of pieces per power in this version. I was gutted to find out that you only get 2 Destroyers in the 1941 game…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m