• As it reads from Larry’s site:

In essence: axis win by controlling any 8 of the european theater cities or any of hte 6 pacicfic…

Does this mean that all you have to do is control one of these cities for a complete turn or all?

thanks

Bill

• Pretty sure after France goes, if the Axis still controls either theater’s objective VC number, then the game is over.

• Customizer

The Axis victory conditions are as follows:
    EITHER
    Control 8 of the 11 Victory Cities on the Europe board while still controlling at least 1 Axis Capital (Berlin or Rome)
    OR
    Control 6 of the 8 Victory Cities on the Pacific board while still controlling Tokyo.

The fall of France has nothing to do with the victory conditions other than the fact that Paris is a Victory City. Theoretically, the Axis could accquire 8 Victory Cities on the Europe Board without France falling, although that is highly unlikely since Germany is pretty much set up to pound France from the start.
    I guess that to try an odd new strategy, Germany could simply leave France alone and go directly after UK or Russia, but that would make it really hard on the Axis because Germany really needs that plunder money from taking Paris for round 2. Also, both Germany and Italy would have to build up heavy to guard against French expansion – Holland/Belgium and W. Germany for the Germans, Northern Italy for the Italians. Probably not a good idea leaving an enemy power alone so close to your own most valuable territories.

• TripleA

ugh wtf

The start of germany / end of france’s turn marks the end/beginning of a round.

Axis have to hold their VC win conditions for a complete round. Allies do have the opportunity to take back a VC to stop the win.

• Customizer

Oh yeah, Cow is right. I forgot to put in that you have to control those victory cities for one full round to achieve victory.
    For example: Germany captures the 8th victory city. If at the beginning of Germany’s next turn the Axis still has 8 victory cities, then the Axis win.

• Thanks all. this is what I thought and how I played but when I visited Larry’s site the word “any” threw me for a loop.

Thanks!

• TripleA

I believe if japan takes the last VC, once france ends / germany is about to begin… that counts as a full round… you don’t have to go again so to speak.

• @Cow:

I believe if japan takes the last VC, once france ends / germany is about to begin… that counts as a full round… you don’t have to go again so to speak.

It has to be a full round from the time the last VC is taken. So in this example, it would have to come back around to Japan in order for the Axis to achieve victory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m