• any first ideas?

• Yea, never let my friends be Germany and I get my first win in ages.

• I’m trying to decide which way the German Atlantic submarine is going to go.
    Probably every game it will just take out the undefended US transport, but it can cause much move havoc should an enterprising Germany player get lucky and sink that UK destroyer and transport with it.
    What do you think?

• US transport. Then UK has to decide whether to sink it with Canadian DD or protect his transport.

• i would send it against the battleship. but i’m doubting heavily. i’ll probably take out AC with extra fig and bomber, and the US transport.

• Customizer

If your a big gambler, send it to the destroyer. Then move your mediterranean sub after the ac and a transport with inf to Gibraltar with your destroyer. That way you also get the fighter on the ac. Then moblize your baltic fleet to the shores of england and purchase 2 subs. Or dont move the baltic fleet and buy a transport. I’m not saying I would do this move, but if your trying to wreck havoc…

• Agreed. If UK lose both CV and DD the US  TT cannot drop in Africa (which is not worth anything anyway). Think Axis have to take Gib on G1.

• i think to take down the AC you need an extra fig ans bomber. it’s 2-hit now, right?
    you can send sub vs american transport. then use other figs and or bomber vs battleship. or mix them up; send fig to egypt with additional forces and send sub together with planes vs battleship. or let battleship live… many options :P

• Customizer

Ac is one hit. Germany has many options to sink that ship.

• versus germany or japan? i think japan can be vulnerable… but germany is so strong, certainly with extra 7 from Russia (makes them around 19, lolz)

• German opening moves:

Builds: 4 Infantry or 2 infantry and 1 tank.

1. SZ 16 DD and SS to SZ 14, bring in fighter from Italy and Bomber from Germany.
    2. SZ 4 SS to SZ 5, BB and SS from Black sea to SZ 5, with both fighters from Western Europe and Germany.
    3. AP drops off 2 men in North Africa, plus land one fighter for defense. AP position will depend on what happens to attack on SZ 14

Eastern Front:    Not sure about turn order…but I assume Russia goes first?

1. Russia builds 2 units probably 2 infantry, or 1 Artillery and 1 infantry.
    2. They will most likely attack West Russia -option #1- and or Finland with West Russia as- option #2.
    3. West Russia only attack would be all units in range, except 1-2 infantry left in Karelia. Finland attack will be 1 fighter and 3 infantry. If they go all in at West Russia, all builds go in Caucasus.
      This leaves Germany with taking Caucasus and or Karelia or risking a even battle against West Russia.

• Russia turn 1

Buy 2 infantry.

At least 4 infantry and 1 Fighter hit West Russia. Fighter lands in Caucus. Have the tank in caucus and 3 infantry in the east hit Manchuria. This gives you a total of 10 IPC first round, which I’m guessing you will desperately need. The remaining units that can make it should go to Karelia, place the 2 inf in caucus when they spawn. Move the sub to SZ 8 and block the German Baltic fleet from hitting the british fleet. This means if the german player really wants to take out those ships he’ll have to use planes that he cant use on you when he makes his massive move with that massive army.

Now the whole manchuria move is a speculated crazy strategy that if it works will give you the added boost to help hold of Germany for a turn or two more, and make japan divide their forces. I’ll have to play test it, but it seems possible.

• Japan first turn: I assume UK plays first

Builds: 3 Infantry

Combat moves:

Move home fleet to Hawaii SZ with BB, CV with 2 planes, plus AP and tank and infantry. Invade Hawaii and take out US BB

Send remaining fleet ( minus the AP off coastal china) to destroy UK fleet: 2 DD, 1 SS, 1 CV ( not carrier fighter), also bring in fighter from japan.

One infantry to North western China

Bomber and 2 infantry, plus fighter from carrier to Szechuan.

Next turn you must buy a transport and men and prepare for India and Borneo or against Russia. You will have 1 AP in sea of Japan ready for transport. The other transport can bring back the tank to Manchuria and pick up the third Infantry build ( leave the Infantry at Hawaii).

• UK first turn:

Builds: 4 Infantry ( place mostly India if not all)

Combat moves:

1)UK SS to Hawaii, forcing Japan less options against Hawaii. With any luck, the balance of US forces can exchange off a go large attempt from Japanese which favors a nation with more income.

1. AP from SZ 33 to SZ 28 for flexible pickup to from India in future.

2. 1 fighter and 1 DD attacks Japanese Sub and DD.

Strategy in Europe depends largely on what success Germany has against UK fleet. Obviously consolidate fleet

• @Imperious:

German opening moves:

Builds: 4 Infantry or 2 infantry and 1 tank.

1. SZ 16 DD and SS to SZ 14, bring in fighter from Italy and Bomber from Germany.
    2. SZ 4 SS to SZ 5, BB and SS from Black sea to SZ 5, with both fighters from Western Europe and Germany.
    3. AP drops off 2 men in North Africa, plus land one fighter for defense. AP position will depend on what happens to attack on SZ 14

Eastern Front:    Not sure about turn order�but I assume Russia goes first?

1. Russia builds 2 units probably 2 infantry, or 1 Artillery and 1 infantry.
    2. They will most likely attack West Russia -option #1- and or Finland with West Russia as- option #2.
    3. West Russia only attack would be all units in range, except 1-2 infantry left in Karelia. Finland attack will be 1 fighter and 3 infantry. If they go all in at West Russia, all builds go in Caucasus.
      This leaves Germany with taking Caucasus and or Karelia or risking a even battle against West Russia.

i think you should have another look at the map. 1 sub, 2 figs vs battleship and sub is bit risky, so i’d add bomber there. not attacking egypt is okay, but don’t expect to hold north africa: brits can match your forces + add bomber and such. norway and finland is 2 inf vs 3 rus, you lose the fighter if you send it there from moscow. most likely attacks will be west russia, perhaps with ukraine or manchuria. artillery is not (yet?) included, but i’d include it as houserule. and don’t forget; if germany uses all air vs the russian they can smash it in 1 or 2 rounds…

• @Imperious:

UK first turn:

Builds: 4 Infantry ( place mostly India if not all)

Combat moves:

1)UK SS to Hawaii, forcing Japan less options against Hawaii. With any luck, the balance of US forces can exchange off a go large attempt from Japanese which favors a nation with more income.

1. AP from SZ 33 to SZ 28 for flexible pickup to from India in future.

2. 1 fighter and 1 DD attacks Japanese Sub and DD.

Strategy in Europe depends largely on what success Germany has against UK fleet. Obviously consolidate fleet

england going first (before japan) would be quite interesting, but i have little hope. i think it’s the turnorder of the AA50-41 game.

• Customizer

@Frontovik:

england going first (before japan) would be quite interesting, but i have little hope. i think it’s the turnorder of the AA50-41 game.

No, Djensen said the turn order was like in Classic and Revised: Russia, Germany, England, Japan, USA.

Just realized something else about this game: NO Anti-Aircraft defense. Now you almost never have to risk your planes, especially in land battles.

• @knp7765:

@Frontovik:

No, Djensen said the turn order was like in Classic and Revised: Russia, Germany, England, Japan, USA.

Just realized something else about this game: NO Anti-Aircraft defense. Now you almost never have to risk your planes, especially in land battles.

sure? sounds weird…
    japan attacked first, and didn’t get attacked. true thing about the AA gun.

• German revised opening moves:

Builds: 4 Infantry or 2 infantry and 1 tank. ( place all in Germany)

Western Front:
    Goal: Kill the most costly assets with the minimal loss from counterattack.

1. Attack SZ 8 with: Battleship and sub from Baltic, and sub from SZ 5.Also, bring in Bomber from Germany. ( 4+2+2+4 vs.4+1) 12 to 5 or 2:1
    2. Attack SZ 15 with 3 fighters from Western Europe, Southern Europe and Germany. (3+3+3+2+2 vs. 4+2) Alternate is leave DD in SZ 16 to protect AP, making it 3/3/3/2 vs. 4/2 nearly 2:1 attack
    3. Optional attack: bring AP to land 2 men in Egypt and bring in tank in North Africa and fighter out of SZ 15 attack: 3/3/1/1 vs. 2/2/4  8 vs. 8 ( not advisable)…Note: you cant bring in Bomber or you lose battle #1.
    4. NCM –AP drops off 1 man and 1 tank in North Africa, plus land three fighters for defense. AP position will depend on what happens to attack on SZ 14 ( either 15,16 or 17 depending on outcome of battle)
    5. NCM --Move 5 infantry to France, Bomber lands in south Europe…attack on Egypt is G2 plan with all air and 4 Infantry, then air units go to Eastern Front.

Notes: If the UK player clears the German SS and DD in SZ 14 ( assume they bring in 1 fighter and 1 DD),UK can bring 2 tanks, 1 bomber, 1 fighters, and 2 infantry to North Africa, but they lose the transport and 1 fighter ( left in Egypt) and factory in India on G2 if they try that. The battle will be: 3/3/4/3/1/1 vs. 1/3/3/3/3/3 which is 15 vs.16.  Note: setup picture does not have one additional German tank in North Afrika.

Eastern Front Soviet notes:
    Goal: Make the Soviets defend everywhere and nowhere.Threaten karelia, West Russia, Caucasus at same time and latter kill them by land grab.

1. Note: Russia builds 2 units probably 2 infantry ( they place in Caucasus and or Moscow).
    2. Soviets will most likely attack West Russia -option #1- and or Finland with West Russia as- option #2.

• Alternative Japan first turn:

Builds: 1 AP, save 2 (place all in Japan)

Combat moves:

1. Attack Hawaii with BB, CV, and 2 fighters and Bomber from Japan ( bomber lands in japan in range of India J2) 4/1/3/3 vs. 4. USA counter is 3/3/3/4/2 vs. 4/4/4/2 (15 v.14)
      1.1 You could also go two fighters and 1 bomber against Hawaii, making a counter harder. either keep fleet in sea of Japan, or move to SZ 38
    2. Attack UK fleet off India with 2 fighters ( Fighter from Japan also lands on Carrier), plus DD, CV. 3/3/2/1  vs. 2
    3. Attack UK fleet off Australia with 1 sub and 1 DD ( 2/2 vs. 1)

NCM AP picks up Tank and 1 Infantry to Southeast Asia, Keep 2 infantry in Coastal China with AP in sea zone. They will be used against India J2.
    Land one fighter ( the one from japanese India attack fleet in Southeast Asia ( to fight against possible northern targets and you only need one fighter on CV anyway)

Plan J2 is to bring 2 fighters, 1 bomber, 5 Infantry and 1 Tank to India

Next turn you must buy a transport and men and prepare for India and Borneo or against Russia. You will have 1 AP in sea of Japan ready for transport. The other transport can bring back the tank to Manchuria and pick up the third Infantry build ( leave the Infantry at Hawaii).

Note: for J2 you can bring the Hawaii fleet to Australia and possibly bring one transport from southeast Asia with 1-2 infantry to Australia, tasking both UK factories. You will have 3/3/1 vs. 2 and possibly 2/2  if 2/2 bring 2 infantry to Australia unless India looks built up.

Note: for J3 you either bring fleet to protect Japan ( if USA looks to Europe), if not take Borneo/East Indies/ Philippines/Hawaii

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m