• Becaus eof some ridiculous amounts of pieces like 2 destroyers would it break the balance i I would use units from other A&A games so there wouldnt be those limitations?

• @valtteri771:

Becaus eof some ridiculous amounts of pieces like 2 destroyers would it break the balance i I would use units from other A&A games so there wouldnt be those limitations?

there’s probably no limit to the number of units of each type you can purchase, so playing with additional pieces and not using the chips to signify multiples would make no difference to balance whatsoever.

However, the setup and income are so reduced that purchases of the more expensive units are unlikely to be spread out as A&A often relies on stacks to create power and only infantry being left as fodder blockers.  Even naval fodder like destroyers will probably rarely be left alone as with such reduced income it would be very difficult to replace them.

We’ll probably(hopefully) find that there are rarely more than two of the higher price units for a particular power in more than 2 spaces, which means while inconvenient, we probably won’t need 3 destroyers, 3 carriers, etc etc etc. as chips will suffice for the two separate groups of units.

purchasing might be confusing though, but considering there’s no cashy money, it’s probably reasonable for them to say that purchases of units will be tracked on paper/pencil as well.

• Customizer

I wouldn’t be surprised if the number of separate units you could buy is limited to the numbers in the box just as in Classic. We never abided by that rule as we have so many different versions of the game we just use our Global boxes for all our units for all our games, but as I said I wouldn’t be surprised.

What I mean by this is, if the above isn’t clear, lets say Germany controlled 9 territories. They could have only 8 infantry stacks so one would go without infantry as there are only 8 in the box. You could have as many chips under them as you want but you could never have 9 stacks in 9 different territories.

Just speculation and I’m sure DJ will let us know soon enough.

• Founder TripleA Admin

We looked for that rule and could not find it. As far as I can tell if you want 4 subs in 4 territories you can if you want. It only came up once during the purchase phase but by the end of the turn, it all worked out okay.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m