• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I played a Europe OOB game the other day against my dad and local guys back in my home town of Boise Idaho and got absolutely killed as the Axis.  I gave the allies a 28 ipc bid to counter what they claimed was an overwhelming Axis advantage.  (probably very stupid on my part… sigh)  Anyhow, they used the bid to prevent the Axis from sinking the British fleet.  It was downhill there on out.

My questions:

(1) if you don’t/can’t do sealion are the Axis doomed OOB?

(2) did Larry say Alpha 3.9 translates to Europe only?  If so, what national objectives do you use?

I am heading back up to Boise for rematch and want to use updates rules if so.

• Alpha 3.9 is the answer to everyone’s complaints that Sealion was too easy and made Allied victory impossible, so play them and do not bid. If you get axis feign a Sealion, so England wastes money on UK defence, then hit Russia instead. Do not wait until G4, as Russian victory almost unattainable. Help Italy in the Med, as soon as they are on the defensive game is over. You will have problems agreeing to US wartime economy though. There is no ruling. Players either give 15 or 20 bonus. 30 is far too much. Good luck!

• @Karl7:

I played a Europe OOB game the other day against my dad and local guys back in my home town of Boise Idaho and got absolutely killed as the Axis.  I gave the allies a 28 ipc bid to counter what they claimed was an overwhelming Axis advantage.  (probably very stupid on my part… sigh)  Anyhow, they used the bid to prevent the Axis from sinking the British fleet.  It was downhill there on out.

My questions:

(1) if you don’t/can’t do sealion are the Axis doomed OOB?

(2) did Larry say Alpha 3.9 translates to Europe only?  If so, what national objectives do you use?

I am heading back up to Boise for rematch and want to use updates rules if so.

1. Axis are not doomed at all. I find it harder to win as the Axis when I’ve done sealion then when I didn’t. Doing Sealion means putting too much resources in London.

2. There are no official rules for europe only. A couple of threads down there’s a discussion to wich NO’s etc are being used.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m