• Okay, while I did manage to miraculously acquire this game recently at retail price, I am still a newbie to Axis and Allies. I have played 5 or 6 games now (though all with Spring 1942 and one trial run with E40).

When a power loses a territory, the IPC will be collected at the end of the conquering territory’s turn. However, does the losing power deduct that income during the conquering territory’s phase, or during his own Collect Income phase?

Example:

Germany takes France. During Germany’s collect income phase, Germany gains 4 IPC to be used next turn. Is France reduced by 4 at this time, thereby inhibiting France’s immediate next turn, or is France reduced by 4 at the end of his next turn (during his own collect income phase)?

We have been playing with the former, but from what I’ve gathered from posts here and there, it should be the latter, where the effect does not inhibit the victim player until the next round of play (so, turn after next).

Thanks.

• well the best thing is to play with fake money bills. Otherwise it’s too hard to follow. I know both of those games don’t come with fake money bills so it’s hard to follow up.

If Germany has 40 IPC’s and they capture France, they add up +4 and earn 44 IPC’s in the collect income round phase. They can use these 44 IPC’s in their next purchase phase. France has 17 IPC’s and lose 4 so their amount is on 13 IPCs. On France turn, they start with 17 to spend (the amount they had at the end of their last turn). Their IPC value is 13 but they can still collect 17 the next round if they retake France (or any other territorry with 4 IPC’s of value). If they don’t, they collect 13 IPCs.

However this is a bad example as when Germany captures France, Germany takes all of their money and France can not collect any income anymore :p

• Gotcha, thanks man. Yeah, because of the difficulty in keeping up with it, we are now using a mix of our original system and the official system.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Rhey’s words translated into simple english:

1. Count up what money you are worth at the end of your turn, and collect that income.
    2. Spend that money on your next turn, unless your capital has been taken.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m