• '17 '16 '13 '12

How about a “Grand” strategy like this for 3.9:

G1: Build carrier / Destroyer / Sub.

Take France, Southern France, sink one half of British Navy with most of German air force. Send 2 fighters to south Italy.

Subs take Cruiser in 91.

Japan: Buy 3 transports, extensive attack against all Allied units that are weak.

Italy 1: Try to clear the med, depending on what is left. Save money.

Germany 2: Build air force and infantry and maybe Med carrier  Look for Naval targets of opportunity / look at taking Gibraltar.

Overall goal: 3 turns for Japan to go wild in Pacific, US needs to focus on Japan. If US focuses on Japan, Italy with German support can floorish in Africa / Middle east.

On Turn 4, Russia will be ready to knock in at the door, Germany need significant stack of infantry / planes to deal with this on G4.

Main points:

1. Delay entry of Russia in the war. Germany builds combination of cheap infantry and air units to hold front.
    2. Lower UK Income
    3. Overstretch / hit the US strength
    4. Make Italy a potent force that will expand significantly while Japs hold USA and Germans hold russians
    5. Put allies at logistical disadvantages, a) Russia fights away from its factories b) UK needs spends on expensive units to try to hold at Africa, unable to consolidate naval strength to challenge Lutfwaffe c) US is always at logistical disadvantage

Probably pretty risky, but anyone has thoughts to share?

• @Omega1759:

Japan: Buy 3 transports, extensive attack against all Allied units that are weak.

Are you bringing the USA into the war on the first turn, or when you say “Allied units” do you just mean China and Russia……?

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Gamerman01:

@Omega1759:

Are you bringing the USA into the war on the first turn, or when you say “Allied units” do you just mean China and Russia……?

Attacking UK/Anzac and US on J1

• Another question - what do you mean by causing Russia to fight away from it’s factories?  In the East against Japan, or fighting them in Eastern Europe…?

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Gamerman01:

Another question - what do you mean by causing Russia to fight away from it’s factories?  In the East against Japan, or fighting them in Eastern Europe…?

Mostly in Eastern Europe. Typically, Russia would back out in their first turn. When they see Japan agressive / overstretched they may go on the offensive against Japan (in their third turn)

• TripleA

you may as well push for russia G3. I don’t see any reason to delay past that.

• TripleA

Plus you haven’t specified what exactly you are doing, what units are you building, where you going, etc.

I don’t know what your G2 I2 and J2 is like. Can’t give you a fair assessment.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Cow:

Plus you haven’t specified what exactly you are doing, what units are you building, where you going, etc.

I don’t know what your G2 I2 and J2 is like. Can’t give you a fair assessment.

For the second turn, too many variables (depends on what allies are building, where they are going).

With this entry of war sequence, do you see potential for carrying a successful implementation?

• TripleA

man I don’t even know what you are doing on the first round that is so different. lol hard to tell without a list of movements or whatever.

• In my play group there’s a guy who takes S. Euro with Germany and starts to build a small navy there. With the Italians, that combined fleet is enough to bottle the allies at Gib for a long time. I’ve seen it come out of the med from time to time depending on the situation, but usually he just drops enough men to hold Gib for a very long time. Without an allied presence in the med, Italy can typically make a lot of $$$ and either build a defensive force for Germany while they press towards USSR, move into the middle east and threaten USSR’s underbelly/India, take out UK’s SAF IC, or some combo of the above. It seems very hard to stop if done right, but I’ve yet to play with or against him when he’s the European axis and does this, so I don’t know the details of what happens in between my tours of the others’ boards when I’m waiting for my opponent to take his turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m