• TripleA

here. You get +2 for persia, then +5 from Iraq right after.

There is more…
    ruskietrick.PNG

• TripleA

yep yep. italian somiland with 1 mech inf. take the rest home. :) the mech inf can come home later or you can put it on the transport if UK has nothing else plan for it. Plus you might want to guard that transport with a dd and cruiser considering italy does start the game with a bomber.

Another +3 right there.

3 extra inf a round helps russia hold out. maybe another round or two.

trickrus.PNG

• TripleA

I noticed that people didn’t know about this, so I decided to post.

Since most italy players don’t even try for africa for some odd reason, I thought I would post what happens when they don’t.

• @Cow:

There is more…

I’d rather take Persia with Britain.
    And to take Iraq, you need to attack so you’ll have to dedicate some units that can punch through the inf defence - so where that ‘+5’ you mentions comes from I don’t know. (If it isn’t flipped by Axis already).
    Plus you can’t take them until Russia is at war and it takes you two turns after the war declaration to get to Persia unless Britain (or somebody else) have flipped East Persia (or NW Persia).

And if you get a mech inf into Italian Somali land, I wonder what Italy is doing and whether or not it isn’t also something that Britain needs to capture if free.

• TripleA

well that spot is worth 0 ipc. generally leave it for russia. Start with 1 inf, but uk can hit it with air and fly away, usually italy tries to take a quick buck with it.

• I think UK (barring Sealion) would be better to take Persia. Iraq is debatable.

• @Xandax:

@Cow:

There is more…

And to take Iraq, you need to attack so you’ll have to dedicate some units that can punch through the inf defence - so where that ‘+5’ you mentions comes from I don’t know. (If it isn’t flipped by Axis already).
    Plus you can’t take them until Russia is at war and it takes you two turns after the war declaration to get to Persia unless Britain (or somebody else) have flipped East Persia (or NW Persia).

And if you get a mech inf into Italian Somali land, I wonder what Italy is doing and whether or not it isn’t also something that Britain needs to capture if free.

I don’t think you completely understood. the “trick” is to  have uk take east persia, that way USSR can take persia the turn they go to war, with a mech and a panzer.

the advantage of that is that now you have 1 mech, 1 arm, 3 inf, and possibly 1 tac for an attack on iraq. with the, so that is + 5 (+2 for the terr,l + 3 for the NO since iraq is pro axis, they don’t need to be aligned by italy for this)

when you already have the ussr mech in iraq, you are 3 moves, or one trainne move away from italian somali land, which is a 0 income terr, but the USSR gets the NO for it too. so combine it all and USSR can get 10 EXTRA income from about round 5.

why UK would take italian somaliland when USSR is in position to take it is beyond me. (assuming the italians have not placed alot of troops there ofc)

• The Italian bomber may sink your transport in z76 with the Russian onboard and land in Italian Somaliland.

• TripleA

The Italian bomber may sink your transport in z76 with the Russian onboard and land in Italian Somaliland.

I said for people to put dd and cruiser with it. if the italy bomber is at home.

• What is this plus 5 you speak of  :?

Your confused silly cow. Germany/Italy have the oil NO’s

• Latest alpha 3 version-
    Russia gets 3 IPCs per original Axis or pro-Axis territory (on the Europe map).
    Which I think is kinda silly, mostly because of exploits like this, but it is what it is.

• ya, but its a hella better than 6 per original german (oob) +3 for european neutrals and original axis (A2).  Ive yet to see this exploited well in my games.

• I agree that those are worse, but you’re off by a bit.

In A2, it was +3 only for originally German territories.  Pretty much worked just fine, no funny exploits.
    The bonus for all neutrals was in an earlier version of A3.

• USSR can grab Iraq easy enough, but the African territories are a lot tougher to get to than it looks.  Finland isn’t worth the expense, and the eastern Europe ones are only possible for a short time after a sea lion or at the end of the game when Germany is in full retreat and the end is near anyway.

• @Kreuzfeld:

@Xandax:

@Cow:

There is more…

I don’t think you completely understood. the “trick” is to  have uk take east persia, that way USSR can take persia the turn they go to war, with a mech and a panzer.

the advantage of that is that now you have 1 mech, 1 arm, 3 inf, and possibly 1 tac for an attack on iraq. with the, so that is + 5 (+2 for the terr,l + 3 for the NO since iraq is pro axis, they don’t need to be aligned by italy for this)

when you already have the ussr mech in iraq, you are 3 moves, or one trainne move away from italian somali land, which is a 0 income terr, but the USSR gets the NO for it too. so combine it all and USSR can get 10 EXTRA income from about round 5.

why UK would take italian somaliland when USSR is in position to take it is beyond me. (assuming the italians have not placed alot of troops there ofc)

Hence I said - it’s a two move for Russia unless NE or NW is flipped and if flipped by Britain - I’d say Britain is in a better position.
    And now I see what is meant with the +5 including the NO.

And for why UK should take Italian Somaliland - well - it’s on the route up from South Africa. A single Russian mech inf. or similar would require the transporter to stay in place, require the transporter to be defended, tie up a Russian defensive unit worth 4 - it’s a lot of tactical movements and potential investments for a single point of IPC.
    I’d say let Britain go for that point of production if at all.

I’ve often played around with Russian strategies having them push down through Middle East to tie up with Britain however, it’s not an ‘income’ trick. It’s a destroy Italy hard ‘trick’.

The income for Persia seems much better spend on Britain IMO as it can be done faster with them and still opens up a Russian route towards Iraq.

• TripleA

well 1 russian mech could go to egypt and then blitz down… it just takes a few turns longer. I do this all the time, because I like russian income. those units tend to come back in time for action as well.

• Italy doesn’t stop you at egypt?

• TripleA

you know most players don’t have much africa play. like once your sink their battleship in 97 they get all depressed and don’t want to bother, they just end up dropping men on northern italy and southern france.

even players that do some africa play… they don’t fully commit if you pump out 3 mech inf a turn from the ic in south africa.

sometimes i drop a minor in egypt too just to make em stop. lol.

• If UK activates North Persia, then Russia can activate Iraq with 2 mech right after the German DOW and get an extra $5.  On the next turn they can move into Egypt.  If Italy is sulking instead of attacking Egypt, the Russians will get Tobruk ($3) and Ethiopia ($4).  Turn after that it will be Libya ($4) and Italian Somaliland ($3).  That’s $19.  Can anyone seriously think they can win as the axis with Russia earning that?  Italy MUST prevent this; they can’t just play defense in Northern Italy.  If they fight the battle of attrition with UK over Egypt it will drain UK’s resources as well as their own, but prevent USSR getting anywhere near those NOs.

• TripleA

Vance there are lots of players that do not do africa with italy. LOTS. I don’t usually get tobruk with russia. that is kinda where italy players park their crap…. so unless I kill all but 1 guy … russia don’t get it.

I mean I do africa play as italy, but most people do not. I could never figure out why. Guess usa scares them.

It’s usually just $11 for me. But I haven’t tried strait bombers from usa to 1 shot the remaining italians yet. all I need is the starting mech and tank, and one round of USA just buying bombers. fly that in and BOOM BOOM. then ship that ruskie mech over LOL.

YOU HAVE GIVEN ME INTERESTING IDEAS FOR MORE MONEY THANK YOU VANCE.

ALSO IF USA CAN HOLD 95 FOR A TURN RUSSIA CAN GET SICILY AND SARDINIA FOR +6 MORE! LOOOOOOL.

+23. I am so going to make this happen in my next game. IZ GONNA HAPPEN!

OH YEAH IF HE TAKES ANY OF THE FRENCH TERRITORIES (EXCEPT MORROCO COS I NEED TO DROP GUYS THERE) I COULD EVEN GET 4 MORE BUCKS FOR EACH ONE FOR RUSSIA LOL. omfg russia goes then usa/uk can protect his tank/mech so it can continue the blitz. LOL

with algeria / tunisea on top that is +33. russia making tanks on his capital with choo choo train from uk on the way.

that’s sick.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m