Any new changes people wanna make from Spring 1942?

• I would like to hear what people think…

I personally would like to see a bigger board game- i couldnt work really well with the small board type but it was okay sometimes

• Being a 1.5-2 hour game keeps it pretty small…

More countries (not likely, but would be nice!), more unit types, more Victory City’s but easier to get them(making it shorter).

More possible strategies… in the 1942, the first 2 turns were always almost the same… :(
    Lastly, if there were neutrals, it would be cool, and a few convoy zones would be nice.
    Just a few ideas, which I doubt will be used since it would make the game longer not shorter! :lol:

• @Tbone36:

I would like to hear what people think…

I personally would like to see a bigger board game- i couldnt work really well with the small board type but it was okay sometimes

The 1942 board is terrible, otherwise everything on 1942 is close to perfect.

• Customizer

I think the board will be pretty much the same as the 1942 game board, except that some territories will still be under Allied control. I imagine the only real changes will be the new sculpts and the starting setup. I can’t imagine a lot of changes to the rule book, 1942 is already a pretty bare-bones game.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '11 '10

I would like a game with a limited amount of men and metal.
    No more 40 inf 40 arm vs 40 inf 30 arm kinda games.
    Or the even worse 2-armies-50 + units,  but always 1 inf 1 ftr vs 1 inf in the kill zone kinda game.
    (2 inf 1 ftr vs 1 inf if you are a wild man  :wink:)
    Maybe that would speed things up…“Sorry Hr.Hitler no more men left to die”  8-)

• Customizer

Although I much prefer the rules from AA50th and Spring 1942, I find that somehow Revised is fun, but Spring 1942 is not fun.

I think it is because they designed Revised (the territory setup, where the units are, etc), with the Revised rules in mind.

While Spring 1942 sucks because it is just Revised with different rules (thereby screwing lots of things to hell, like the whole first 2 rounds of naval combat).

I hope that, whatever they are doing, that they playtest the crap out of it and make sure it is fun for all players.

I can accept any size board, and a game that isn’t balanced too great for experts, so long as the game is fun (and doesn’t take too much time to play).  (<– this is for entry level board games, like revised, spring 1942, and this future 1941 game)

• In order to play in under 2 hours, there has to be either an econ victory, and/or victory cities win for the axis. Allies most likely capitals and/or econ. I would think that a 1941 start date would be past a Sea lion attempt, but UK will be beet down. Start might be in the summer/fall of 1941, a couple months after Barbarossa gets under way, and just before Pearl Harbor. This makes sense when looking at the 2 hour time span. Germany would have a large force heading deep into Russian territory (can you stop them?), and Japan is poised to take the DEI, Hong Kong, Singapore, and attack the US fleet (can you rebond in time to stop them from winning). There could also be bonuses for the Germans getting into the oil regions of Caucasus and the Middle east to sustain the march to Moscow. Same for Japan w/DEI. I just hope that if there are NO’s, they are very limited, because NO’s do prolong the game. Hmmm, maybe victory cities will pay a bonus. VC’s track your progress, and you could get extra income for acquiring them.

I know the fall of 1941 isn’t much different in set-up then the spring of 1942 (maybe one compete round of play), but they probably didn’t want another 1942 game to confuse ppl.

• The game is based on AA1942  ( it says it in the literature PDF) , which means NO INCOME PRODUCING NO’s of any type since they are not in game. The only change to effect the playing time is possible all Axis all Allies turn sequence and some sudden death (who takes one capital wins) or economic VC.

The map should have equal or less land spaces than AA42, since less playing area also means less time to play.

• If this game is the replacement for Spring 1942 then it should have more than 160 or 200 pieces and it should use the Revised/AA42 map, probably with a few changes.

In that case, a few other questions pop to my mind, regarding playing order (R-G-UK-J-US) or, will it change as it did on AA50 for a 1941 start? Something like (G-UK-J-US-R)? And starting deployment, of course.

• If this game is the replacement for Spring 1942 then it should have more than 160 or 200 pieces and it should use the Revised/AA42 map, probably with a few changes.

It does have more than 160 pieces. It says it has 370 playing pieces and the box says over 200+ playing pieces. The 160 figure are NEW PIECES BASED ON NEW SCULPTS WITH 32 PER PLAYER.

• @Imperious:

If this game is the replacement for Spring 1942 then it should have more than 160 or 200 pieces and it should use the Revised/AA42 map, probably with a few changes.

It does have more than 160 pieces. It says it has 370 playing pieces and the box says over 200+ playing pieces. The 160 figure are NEW PIECES BASED ON NEW SCULPTS WITH 32 PER PLAYER.

IL, I’d love that to happen - a 1941 setup for the AA42 map (and with better quality), with plenty of new pieces. But until there’s confirmation, it’s all wishful thinking.

• But until there’s confirmation, it’s all wishful thinking

Read the PDF:

Familiar Mechanics:
    This game utilizes the A&A game mechanics present in A&A 1942 2nd Edition, as designed by Larry Harris (the creator of the original game).

NOT Global 1940…

Game board, play components, rulebook, 370 game pieces

Box says 200+ pieces…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m