• stuffs not adding up.

WHAT is the purpose of this game? if i was looking at 1942 and 1941, as a noob i wouldnt know wtf to buy. theyre obviously not making a higher quality version of 1942 because they can just reprint with a better battle board. no point in making a new game. Besides the sculpts, i wouldnt even by this. probably has chits instead of plastic pieces for bases….

They should make a booster/upgrade box for G40 containing this:

• an axis and allies USB containing the fixed map that Young Grasshopper uses so people that dont use the forums can see it and refer to it or even print it out ( with permission of the creator to use the map, or is it theyres anyways? w/e ), and a pdf of the new rule book.

• the new global rulebook. ( that shows the errors on the pacific map )

• plastic pieces for all the bases, victory cities & aa guns

• more tacticals and mech inf for all the nations

• Chinese colored fighter and artillery

• paper money & holder for it ( like in monopoly )

• cardboard axis and allies dice turret ( the ones u see online at certain stores )

• more grey and red chips, black chips for 1 damage, orange for 5, and more Italian roundels !

• white colored inf for strict neutrals, red for pro axis, and baby blue for pro allies. and yellow colored jap inf for the Mongolians.

• an apology letter.

Theyll never do it, but they should. i have the described setup currently but id still buy this.

i just dont get the point of this new game…    if i made this booster pack a tread on HGD forums and we all vote on it like crazy, would we have a chance???

maybe even get them to print out and sell the fixed maps online??? Im pushing it. WOTC would only do this for their magic players i suppose…

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Even if they just sold Maps and rules, where you use pieces you already have, they’d be making money.  You could easily get into Axis and Allies Famous Battles.

Just imagine pounding out Stalingrad…

• Yes they should make that! But and new sculpts like the rumored ones in 1941

• Instead of just selling a badly needed booster pack with cool units that only a handful of people who are already “enfranchised” would buy, they throw in a simplified board and rulebook and sell the package to all of us, PLUS a bunch of new players.  The price point is very cheap because it is a teaser.  Some of those 8 year olds will like it and when they grow up they will buy the re-released 1940 games.

• I am with you guys on this one. Why not just reprint revised with new pieces and a new map? why make a whole new game. Make a 1941 booster pack for global 40. If they sold it out wouldn’t that mean there is a market for a booster pack? I need to go to work for Wotc I could make them a fortune. Think about it. Every game Fantasy Flight makes has an expansion. I can’t believe they don’t get it. It is staring them right in the face.

• They really should make this expansion pack. i created my own basically by buying stuff online so this would be unnecessary for me and many others but i would buy them. just to make sure they make more. I want an official “fix” to this damn G40 mess. not just some remake of the rulebook. that’s only one problem of the many they made. Sure they did it cut on costs but i am willing to pay more and if they dont want to increase the base version, MAKE US A DAMN EXPANSION PACK!

You can throw in many more sculpts too. i dont even care of there’s rules for them or not. I just want more. And i want it now.

Has there been talk of an expansion pack on HGD forums or Avalon Hill forums? if not we should organize a HUGE poll

• hi
    Iam new member

hairstyles watch
    hairstyles
    celebrity hairstyles

• Like Vance said, this new 1941 game is to expand their customer base. G40 is way to complicated for noobies. A game that goes about two hours to introduce AA to the masses is ingenious marketing. Many AA gamers have been playing since the 80’s (that’s when I started about 30 years ago w/classic). When revised came out it re-sparked the game for those of us that played years ago, and introduced it to more ppl. AA50 was really cool, but short lived (no re-print?). G40 is kinda over the top, it is an awesome game, but lets face it who has 2 days (20+hours) to play it (just a handful of us hehe).

Now those 30 to 40 year olds (like me) will get this new 1941 game for several reasons.

1. To get the new pieces for house rules etc… awesome.
    2. To play with their kids, and bring them into the AA world in just 2 hours. The hardest part of games like G40 or even 1942 is it takes to damn long, and youngsters just don’t have the attention span.
    3. Now these new players will introduce this new game to their friends, and the customer base doubles. Face it, the new generation is the target here (intro), not those of us that want more.

I’ve looked around for AA1942 in big box stores, and don’t find it to often. I think this new 1941 game will be on the shelves of say Target, Walmart, Kmart & Toys R Us. AA1941 will be an inexpensive game that is played in under 2 hours. About the same time frame as other family games like Monopoly, Life, Clue or Risk (little longer to play) or some card games. Even 1942 or Revised can take 8 hours or more, G40 a couple days in most cases. That just don’t fit into family night.

They will be re-releasing the Global series soon enough. I don’t think it will have most things on your wish list though. I do hope that at the very least they put together a down-loadable pdf file for the finished rule book including the newest Alpha on WOTC & Larry’s sites so we can have access to it.

I would love some kind of expansion set for G40 down the road. Instead of it including some of what was mentioned in other posts (TO FIX WHAT WASN’T IN THE BOX), I would rather it went a different route/theme. Add a system for raw materials (like Ages of Empire, or 1602AD). Where you have to gather raw materials to build your units for war. Stuff like merchant shipping (real convoy), cargo planes, oil rigs/coal mines, iron ore/steel, even food to keep your supply lines going. Have certain tt’s produce these materials (somewhat historic, but make it work for game-play).

Maybe introduce a more complex system to mobilize tanks, planes and ships (need raw materials, or say an actual shipyard to build capital ships etc…). Scrap the tech system, and allow a technology tree where you can build better units as you advance (have the expansion pack provide these new units). Maybe bring in some of the old National Advantages from Revised (more to give each power something more unique). Have stuff like fortification/pill boxes and coastal defense etc…

I would like an expansion, but not as a patch for what I might think is broken, or not included to play the game as intended (that I can deal with on my own), give me something new that I can use to actually expand the game. I’m not sure they’ll ever do something like this, because it would be a night mare when you think about new rules and balance etc… would be cool though.

• Customizer

Thanks Wild Bill. You’ve said what I’ve been thinking. To all the naysayers about this new game: You don’t have to buy this and it’s been stated that there will be a reprint of Global. This is not a game that will replace said reprint. This is an entry level game that you can take or leave. Personally I’m looking forward like crazy to this game and I don’t even care if the IC’s are printed on the map or made of cardboard. What excites me is the new sculpts. If the map is like the one that came with 42 I’ll never use it. I’ve never used my 42 map, I went out and spent $60 on blowing it up to poster size and I’ll do the same with this one and hang the original in my garage as more ambiance for our war room. Quit bitching and take it for what it is. Entry level game for introducing players to this awesome game that so many of us love. I remember being introduced to classic back in the early 90’s and loving it and wanting my own copy but not finding it for less than $50 here in Canada. At the time that was out of my price range for a board game so I gave it up for 15 years or so. Then I found 42 for $40 online one day and now in the last 3 years have spent a upwards of $500 and countless hours enjoying this game in almost all of its iterations. Hell I forked over $100 to a podcasting host and $60 on a microphone to podcast our games. This 41 game could be a gateway drug to a whole new generation of people like us who will come here and complain about the NEXT version of the game (as long as Gargantua doesn’t scare them away) You don’t have to like it but I really don’t get all the acid that’s been hurled at this new game. What do you think an expansion pack would cost anyway, with all the new sculpts that this is supposed to have? Probably $20, maybe less. So it’s 10 bucks more, who cares? if you want that 10 bucks back buy 10 and break it up and sell the pieces on eBay and you’ll be getting the new game for free.

As to the talk that this is a joke by WotC: It F-ing better not be because I love the idea of new pieces.

And if any of you are offended by anything I said: I don’t care, I love you all. Chugaluggapoketokeeatsleeprepeat.

• Customizer

Hey guys, your mentioning a reprint of Global 40 made me think of something. With this new 1941 game coming out with all those new sculpts, what if when the reprint the 40 games, they do it WITH these new sculpts? I mean, since WOTC has gone to the expense of making new sculpts, they may want to keep using them in ANY future games, including a possible reprint of the 40 games.

Also, even though the 1941 game will only be the five major powers, that could possibly transfer to a reprint of Global 40 as well. ANZAC uses all British sculpts (including infantry), Italy uses all German sculpts and France uses all Russian sculpts.

Might we see Tiger Tanks and He111 Bombers in Italian Brown? The HMS Hood in ANZAC Grey? Soviet IS-2 Tanks in French Blue?

• Customizer

It would make sense as these molds had to have been made some time ago.

• Well making new sculpts for 1941, then using those same molds for the re-print of the 1940 series just makes too much sense (WOTC isn’t starting to get it are they?). Hell if they just made Italian units (like AA50) for the Euro40 reprint we would buy the new one. Add new German/Russian tanks and it a no brainier.

• @WILD:

Like Vance said, this new 1941 game is to expand their customer base. G40 is way to complicated for noobies. A game that goes about two hours to introduce AA to the masses is ingenious marketing. Many AA gamers have been playing since the 80’s (that’s when I started about 30 years ago w/classic). When revised came out it re-sparked the game for those of us that played years ago, and introduced it to more ppl. AA50 was really cool, but short lived (no re-print?). G40 is kinda over the top, it is an awesome game, but lets face it who has 2 days (20+hours) to play it (just a handful of us hehe).

Now those 30 to 40 year olds (like me) will get this new 1941 game for several reasons.

1. To get the new pieces for house rules etc… awesome.
    2. To play with their kids, and bring them into the AA world in just 2 hours. The hardest part of games like G40 or even 1942 is it takes to damn long, and youngsters just don’t have the attention span.
    3. Now these new players will introduce this new game to their friends, and the customer base doubles. Face it, the new generation is the target here (intro), not those of us that want more.

I’ve looked around for AA1942 in big box stores, and don’t find it to often.

Completely agree with all the words there.

You mentioned a lack of copies of Spring 42 and it has also been mentioned before in one site that Spring 42 is running out. I wasn’t sure if this game would complement Spring 1942 but now it seems it will replace it and become the simple version of the game, which is my favorite (I like AAG40 and AA50 but I prefer simpler games).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m