What do you guys think? Russia ideas…

• Well is this for real now? A new A&A game. 1941. I hope this won’t be a repeat of the 1940 games. By repeat I mean things like similar board and bonuses.

If they are using the 1941 setting then it will most definitely be a fight for the Soviet Union by Germany.

Maybe they can put more spaces between Germany and Moscow and make more alternate routes to go instead of north and south. Perhaps make Ukraine 4 spaces or something like that.

This one I like. After say a takeover of Ukraine the Germans move on. Maybe Russian rebels can pop up in spaces that were taken over by Germans in a liberation attempt. This would increase the historical accuracy in the sense that it makes revolutions that happened in the real war more visible in the game. It can be like a Russian ability only. To show the heavy defense there really was for the Russian homeland.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

This game will be the “for kids” option.

MEN will still be playing Global.

• I doubt they will add in even more spaces as they mention all the time that they’re cutting in on game time, let alone partizan fighters.

• Yeah, it looks like the game will be more simplified, with less territories and rules. Probably an updated version of Revised/1942, with a new start date.

• @Gargantua:

I agree. The only reason I’d play this, from what I know, is time. But I might buy it as it’s only $30 and it gets new units and sometimes I don’t have much time!

• '10

This will be a great game to play with my 6 year old son…  and to introduce new players to the game.

Anything NEW from Axis & Allies is a good thing!

• I’ve already posted this on another thread: the cover is almost identical to AA50, so it would make sense if this is a simplified version of the Anniversary Edition, but with the same map (which his an enlarged 1942/Revised as mentioned above), although I’m not sure how much simpler they can make the rules.

It would be a nice deal - new players get something even simpler than Spring 1942, while players who didn’t get the chance to buy Anniversary can now have it, along with new unit pieces.

AA50AnniversaryED-thumb-400x300.jpg

• Well, AA50 is going for crazy amounts on Ebay, so finding a way to sell the board without actually reprinting AA50 itself (limited edition which WotC normally takes serious…) would make perfect sense both from a marketing perspective and a fan-base perspective. The board is really the only component for AA50 that you can’t salvage from other editions of A&A (still missing dedicated Italian tanks etc. but then AA50 would retain some appeal, so that is ok). If people are willing to pay several hundred USD for AA50, they will most likely also be willing to get the 1940 games and this new 1941 game to be able to play AA50…

Also, the 1941 scenario seems to be the deafault for AA50, which would allow them to use the AA50 board without modification (except for the “Anniversary” logo obv.). This might explain why the new game is called 1941.

However it is conflicting a lot with the wish to shorten play time. More areas = longer playtime, generally speaking. also starting the game in 1941 would suggest longer play times that a 1942 game… Weird.

• Customizer

Maybe with the shortened playing time, the game will be more Axis balanced. After all, what the Axis wanted in the real war was a shorter war and to accomplish their goals quickly. When it dragged out too long, the Allies material and industrial superiority showed itself.

Strangely enough, that’s been my experience playing games of Global 1940. Most Axis won games are roughly 7-9 rounds long while the Allied won games are usually 13+ rounds.

• I’d buy it to see what the pieces look like and get my friends into A&A (They claim they want to play, but seem discouraged at the time need to invest.)

• @Gargantua:

I Love it. And Agree.

• I feel 1941 is just for people who have less time ( not 12 hours ).

It probably has the same rules as 1942 , but with less income and less areas and no NO’s

More pieces and more areas and more income makes these games longer because you need to move farther to reach objectives, and you got to cut thru lots of enemy pieces.

More pieces and areas means more decisions, more time

• Customizer

I’m cool with a simpler game. I love Global but it takes a long ass time. Our group plays every two weeks for about 12 hours per session so we never finish a game of Global in one sitting. We like to mix it up and play Classic, 42, Anniversary, and Global. When we play the games other than Global we tend to get two games in per session. Sometimes we don’t finish the second game but we generally do. My particular group might not want to play a game that only lasts 2 hours, 6 times in a row but a short game like the one they are promoting is something that could fit between an AA50 game and a Classic game.
    So far all we have is speculation and poor promotional information that contradicts itself. WE shall see. I promise this though. When I get hold of my copy it will remain inside the shrink wrap until our next game session and whether we are in the middle of a Global game or not we will open it and play it all in one day and it will end up being reviewed on the Dicetruction Podcast.

Check us out on iTunes but don’t listen back to the beginning cause recording quality sucked a**.

Oh wait! this is supposed to be Russia Ideas….

My first act as ruler of Russia is to execute Comrade Stalin and allow the Red Army to retreat without fear of their family being killed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m