• Is the game (starter) worth the cost? Will I be buying boosters? Are the boosters worth it?

• The thing about the starter, that is how you get the rule book, maps, and stat cards for the planes and getting the BF-110.  Invariably you could buy the starter and then buy the planes you want from eBay or other sites to round out your air force.  I bought the starter and a case to open.

• Would you say a starter and 2 boosters are good?

• '18 Customizer

I found the starter quite playable on its own. From what I understand there will be a new starter for set 2 when it comes out.

• OK. I’m debating between this (starter+1 or maybe 2 booster) or naval miniatures (4 booster; I have starter).

What is your opinion?

• '18 Customizer

Well I would avoid any booster purchases and go for the singles market. Your starter is BoB themed and will contain German and British aircraft. So buy the starter and add on the planes from the theater you want to play in rather than wading through random boosters getting stuff you can’t use. This way when you get your order you will be ready to play and maximize the experience.

• Ok…Im hoping to not just have 1 theatre though. Or even have Germans at Pearl Harbor

• Boosters are the best way to get a bunch of good units. But if you’re going for cheapness, eBay is better.

I plan to get a Starter and a case of Boosters, and then trade/ebay the rest. But if money is a problem, just hang around ebay! :D

@techroll42:

OK. I’m debating between this (starter+1 or maybe 2 booster) or naval miniatures (4 booster; I have starter).

What is your opinion?

War at Sea is by far the best and simple game out right now imho for the mini’s franchise.

But if set 1 of angels 20 goes out of print, expect some major value $ to go up

• @Deaths:

@techroll42:

OK. I’m debating between this (starter+1 or maybe 2 booster) or naval miniatures (4 booster; I have starter).

What is your opinion?

War at Sea is by far the best and simple game out right now imho for the mini’s franchise.

But if set 1 of angels 20 goes out of print, expect some major value $ to go up

I bought 3 War at Sea boosters (1 Surface Action, 1 Flank Speed, 1 Condition Zebra). Coming in <1 week.

Nice, if u r looking for something particular, let me know, i most likely could trade u something for it. I have alot of $ invested in my navies

• I’ll consider it. I’m hoping to get mainly Pacific ships (i.e. no Germany, Italy, etc.). Although I could use some German planes for Pearl Harbor  :| :| :|

My biggest navy is my IJN  I have 65ish aircraft spanning from set 1-6 (13 Zeros set 1)
    The US Navy is my next largest

I have been collecting them from the release.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m