URGENT : A game today, but still a little bit confused about the setups/rules…

• Ok, so I haven’t played AA in a long time. Been going through the forums for a while

1- It would appear that there are NO alpha or whatever rules for Europe 40 only, is that correct? So the rules insde my box are correct?
    2- Still, many people are talking about Alpha2/3. Are we talking about units placements too, or just the rules from these alphas?
    3- Stick with the box rules/placements? Or should I use some of the new rules for balance sake?

ty!

Robert

• 1. Correct, there are no official alpha rules for Europe 1940
    2. When people refer to the alpha rules on this sub thread they are referring to all the alpha rules that pertain to the Europe side of the map.
    3. I suggest using the alpha rules because there are some slight flaws in OOB rules.  The biggest one is Sea Lion (Germans have a big advantage).  For me, I have been using alpha 3 rules and treating the US income bonus as +$20 every round instead of the OOB +$30 and it’s worked pretty fairly for the 7 or so games I’ve played the last couple of months…but this is merely my opinion.

Try a game out with the alpha 3 rules and see for yourself.  You’ll find out as you play how strong/weak it is based on your gameplay style

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

USE THE ALPHA 3.9 RULES FOR EUROPE - They are substantially better.

Everything works properly and is covered by Alpha 3.9, with 3 exceptions.

1. France starts with 2 less IPC’s (17?) becuase French-Indo-China is not included
    2. Russia gets + 9 IPC’s a turn from it’s eastern territories
    3. USA only collects NO’s represented on the European side of the board

Don’t ask me why Krieghund/Larry thinks it’s ok to give Russia + IPC’s from other maps, but not America or France. :p

They’re response so far has been that ‘somehow’ it makes sense.

• It doesn’t make sense. It’s probably balance, but whatever.

• '17 '16 Customizer

As far as I know there are no Alpha rules for A&A Pacific or Europe 1940. The only official alpa rules are for Global. Therefore, any varitions from the OOB rule set would be personal house rules that should be agreed upon by all players. If no agreement is made, OOB rules must be adhered to.

• @Gargantua:

1. France starts with 2 less IPC’s (17?) becuase French-Indo-China is not included

Don’t ask me why Krieghund/Larry thinks it’s ok to give Russia + IPC’s from other maps, but not America or France. :p

Any link to the ALPHA 3.9 so i can use it next time? :)

• @Gargantua:

They get +9 but lose the 2 infrantry bonus each turn comming from novosibirsk so they only gain 3IPC per turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m