• Im new to the game and ive got a question:

Maybe its dumb, but i didnt find anything.
    For what are the miniatures?

Just for collecting or can u use them for every a&a game?

• Founder TripleA Admin

It’s a completely different game. It’s a WWII miniatures battle game.

• Oh….im sorry. Thought this is a a&a forum and thought miniatures are those additional figures.
    U know, those boosterpacks.

Its the wrong channel i know, but could u tell me for what those a&a boosterpacks are for?

• '18 Customizer

The boosters you mention are for the Axis and Allies Miniature game (AAM) and I think you posted in the correct section. The original Axis and Allies game was global in nature where AAM is based on individual battles using miniature versions of the actual equipment. The boosters are expansion packs for the game meant to add playing pieces to the game. There are 10 expansions in total and over 500 playing pieces available. Its quiet here right now but the game is actively played.

Hope that answers your question. Are you considering getting into the game or just researching?

• Founder TripleA Admin

I meant the A&A board games are different than the A&A miniatures games.

But we discuss everything here.

• Okay thx for your reply guys.

I thought, that u can upgrade your army in those a&a BOARD games.

So the miniature game is different and u cant use those boosters on the board game?

Or can u?
    Because i think it would be pretty nice to upgrade those “normal and boring” standard-units for example tigers and shermans for example.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Most of the miniatures would not fit on the board. The infantry units, however, might.

If you’re doing it just for looks, do what you want but the tanks, fighters, and boats are fairly large.

• Okay, thx for that =)

Feeling much better now  :mrgreen:

@Raptor99:

Okay thx for your reply guys.

So the miniature game is different and u cant use those boosters on the board game?

Or can u?
    Because i think it would be pretty nice to upgrade those “normal and boring” standard-units for example tigers and shermans for example.

Exactly what I did. Check this out

check this link out, look on pages 6-7-8  there are more pics there
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=11672.0

• Founder TripleA Admin

Looks like you need a bigger map.

Would you be willing to do an article for the site about using the minis for the board game? I imagine it would be a short article but something that would be full of photos.

sure but i only have the one over sized map to use. and it is 8x4 ft  large, same size as standard sheet of ply wood.

i have refined the pieces used to address some of the starting density issues.
    Some areas you cant help to be crowded even with standard AA pieces.  mostly the island of great britain and italy. rest of map has plenty of room.

• That’s effing radical, death head

• Nice. I watched a game at our local a&a meetup group turn into a debacle when those not somewhat familiar with the minis really struggled to recognize what nation they belonged to, naval units especially. The wow factor is undeniable though!

• @Deaths:

@Raptor99:

Okay thx for your reply guys.

Or can u?

check this link out, look on pages 6-7-8  there are more pics there
    http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=11672.0

That’c really cool.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m